Ride With Jesus
Trains excite and fascinate us. This train-themed series will show kids what it means to be followers of Jesus and “ride with Him.” In All Aboard 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn what it means to ride with Jesus as his followers.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
All Aboard Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” John 14:6 (NIrV)
Ticket to Ride
Scripture: Matthew 9:9-13, The Calling of Matthew
In order to ride the train, you have to purchase a ticket. When Jesus invited the tax collector Matthew to ride along with Him, people thought it strange that Jesus would associate with someone so bad. Jesus doesn't care what our past looks like: we are all invited to ride with Him. All we have to do is accept His free offer.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus welcomes us to follow Him, no matter our past.
Scripture: John 14:1-6, The Way, the Truth, the Life
Trains are designed to move in one direction. God sent his Son, Jesus, to be our one way to God. If we want to be with Him forever in Heaven, we need to ride with Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus is the one way to the Father.
Get Off at the Next Station
Scripture: Luke 18:18-23, The Rich Young Ruler
The rich young ruler was willing to follow Jesus to a certain point, but decided to stop when things got uncomfortable. In order to ride with Jesus, we must be willing to follow Him completely and not just “hop off” when things are difficult.
Objective: Kids will learn that we should be willing to give everything to follow Jesus.
Scripture: Luke 19:1-10, Zacchaeus
Some trains are dirty and gross and not meant for fun. But some trains are just meant to be ridden for fun. Zacchaeus was an unhappy man. He was greedy and was not liked by his neighbors. But when Jesus came along and invited Zacchaeus to ride with him, Zacchaeus' sadness turned to joy.
Objective: Kids will learn that following Jesus brings lasting joy.
Stay On Track
Scripture: Matthew 7:13-14, 24-29, Wide and Narrow Gates, Wise and Foolish Builders
We know exactly where a train is going because the train must follow the track. In our lives, it can be a lot harder to “stay on track” and know which way to go. But if we follow Jesus and build our lives on Him, we can have confidence that we are headed in the right direction.
Objective: Kids will learn that following Jesus means doing things God's way.
Scripture: John 6:35-69, The Bread of Life
People gather in the dining car to enjoy a delicious meal during their train ride. When Jesus said, “I am the bread of life” many of the people who had gathered left because they did not understand. The disciples stayed because – even though they did not understand – they knew Jesus was the true Savior.
Objective: Kids will learn that just as we have to have food to eat, we have to have Jesus in our hearts to have eternal life.
Scripture: Matthew 20:20-28, A Mother's Request
The caboose is the car at the end of the train. In life, most people try to avoid being last. We want to be upfront and important. But Jesus showed us that we should live to put others first, before ourselves. Those of us who follow Him should follow his example.
Objective: Kids will learn that following Jesus means putting others first.
Scripture: Matthew 28:16-20, The Great Commission
Jesus came for everyone! He wants everyone to get on board with Him. Those of us who follow Jesus have a job to do: go out into the world and tell others the good news about Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus followers are called to go out and make more Jesus followers.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.