The Exciting, Wild Life of Joseph
The fair is filled with exciting spectacles, wild rides, and sweet treats. Joseph lived one exciting life, filled with wild ups and downs; but in the end God gave him a sweet reward. When we put our trust in God, he will help us through whatever we might face in life.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
At The Fair 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum Overview
Memory Verse: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not depend on your own understanding. In all your ways obey him. Then he will make your paths smooth and straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIRV)
Hall of Mirrors
Scripture: Genesis 37:1-11, Joseph's Dreams
In the Hall of Mirrors, you'll see a lot of your own reflection but you might not be able to see where you're going. When God gave Joseph special dreams, he was able to see God’s plan for his life. Joseph believed God could do what he saw in his dreams, even though Joseph didn’t know how he would get there.
Objective: Kids will learn that we can trust God to make a way even when we can’t see one.
Scripture: Genesis 37:12-36, Joseph Sold in Slavery
You'll get quite a jolt when that first bumper car rams into your car. Joseph experienced a lot of bumps in his life, the first came when his angry brothers sold Joseph into slavery. Although Joseph couldn't see it then, God would use that terrible event to bring about great things.
Objective: Kids will learn that we can trust God, even when the unexpected happens.
Scripture: Genesis 39:1-21, Joseph In Potiphar's House
The Ferris Wheel takes us high and then takes us low. Joseph felt the low of being sold by his brothers, then the high of working for the powerful Potiphar, and then the terrible low of being accused of and punished for something he didn't do.
Objective: Kids will learn that we trust God whether we are happy or sad.
The Drop Tower
Scripture: Genesis 39:21-40:23, Joseph in Prison
Most fairs have a ride that is meant to give you a scare by taking you up really high, and the letting you drop! Joseph found himself in a real frightening situation when he was dropped into prison. But even in that scary place, God used Joseph to help others.
Objective: Kids will learn that we can trust God when we are scared.
Scripture: Genesis 41:1-40, Pharaoh's Dream
Many people come to the fair for the entertainment. One of the most popular acts is the magician who seems to be able to do impossible things. While magicians can’t actually do the impossible, God can. After 2 years of being in prison, God did what was seemingly impossible for Joseph. Through God's power – Joseph was able to interpret a dream for Pharaoh and save the people of Egypt from starvation. In one day, Joseph went from being a prisoner to being the second most powerful person in Egypt.
Objective: Kids will learn that we can trust God to make impossible things happen.
Scripture: Genesis 41:41-56, Joseph Put in Charge
Some people would say the best part of the fair is the FOOD. Sweet treats and deep-fried everything. After years of struggle, Joseph was finally experiencing the sweet life for himself. Pharaoh trusted Joseph to store food for his entire kingdom and Joseph relied on God to help him lead with wisdom and strength.
Objective: Kids will learn that we can trust God to help us make wise choices.
Ring Toss Game
Scripture: Genesis 42, Joseph's Brothers Go to Egypt
At many fairs, you can find all kinds of games at the midway. Many of these games have a “trick”, that if you know what it is, it makes it easier to win. When famine hit the land, Joseph's brothers went to Egypt for food. Since Joseph's brothers did not recognize him, Joseph played a little “trick” on them in order to see if their hearts had changed since they sold him into slavery. However, Joseph had already chosen to do the right thing and give them the food they needed, even if their hearts hadn’t changed.
Objective: Kids will learn that we trust God to help us love everyone, even those who have wronged us.
Scripture: Genesis 44:1-45:4, 45:14-15, Joseph Makes Himself Known
The roller coaster is full of ups and down and twist and turns. Joseph's life was full of ups and downs, twists and turns, but he never lost his faith in God. In the end, Joseph was able to lead the people of Egypt, save many people from the famine, and even reunite with the brothers who once hated him.
Objective: Kids will learn that we can trust God to work all things together for the good of those who love him.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.