Finding the Heart of God in the Heart of the Sea
Belief Reef is filled with some of the most interesting sea creatures you've ever seen.
These creatures teach us some important lessons about the life of David – a land dweller after God's own heart.
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
Belief Reef Lessons Overview
“God, create a pure heart in me. Give me a new spirit that is faithful to you.”
Psalm 51:10 (NIRV)
Leo, the Lionfish
Scripture: 1 Samuel 16:1-13, Samuel Anoints David
With his dramatic coloring and long spiky fins, Leo the Lionfish thinks he's the king of the coral reef. Looking at the young David, no one would have thought he would be king – except for God. God doesn't judge by outward appearances; God judges our hearts.
Objective: Kids will learn that God sees us for all that we can be.
Claus, the Clownfish
Scripture: 1 Samuel 16:14-23, David in Saul's Service
Despite his funny name, Claus the Clownfish isn't just here to cheer you up when you're feeling down. When King Saul struggled with anger and sadness, God sent David to play for him and lift his spirits again.
Objective: Kids will learn that God uses us to bring joy to others.
Stella, the Starfish
Scripture: 1 Samuel 17:40-49, David and Goliath
Stella the Starfish was just on the cover of Belief Reef Monthly, solidifying her place as a star. Goliath was the star of the Philistine army; that is, until David showed everyone that God is the true star, who gives victory to those who trust Him.
Objective: Kids will learn that God gives victory to those who trust Him.
Tripp the Trapezia Crab
Scripture: 1 Samuel 20:18-42, David and Jonathan
Like all trapezia crabs, Tripp the Trap (as his friends call him) is a great defender and protector of the coral reef from predators. When King Saul wanted to kill him, David learned what a loyal and true friend he had in Jonathan, who did everything he could to protect David.
Objective: Kids will learn God was us to be a loyal and true friend.
Garret Swish, the Parrot fish
Scripture: 1 Samuel 24:1-22, David Spares Saul's Life
The parrot fish got its name because of it's beak-like mouth, not that doesn't stop Garret from copying what everyone else says and does. When King Saul wanted to David, David did not copy Saul's actions, but instead showed kindness and mercy to the king.
Objective: Kids will learn that God wants us to love our enemies and show them kindness.
Shelly, the Turtle
Scripture: 1 Samuel 25:4-24, 35-38, David, Nabal, and Abigail
The ocean is cold, but Shelly the Turtle finds herself in hot water when she snaps at people for no reason. When Nabal snapped at David's men, David was ready to fight. But Nabal's wife Abigail stepped in to make peace.
Objective: Kids will learn that God wants us to be peacemakers.
Sal Anthony, the Sea Anemone
Scripture: 2 Samuel 9:1-13, David and Mephibosheth
Sal Anthony, the Sea Anemone may look like an underwater plant, but he's really a dangerous fish eating animal. When Jonathan's son, Mephibosheth was called to King David's court, it looked like trouble may be coming. But instead David welcomed Mephibosheth and promised to take care of him for the rest of his life.
Objective: Kids will learn that God wants us to treat those in need with care.
Stony Coral City
Scripture: 2 Samuel 12:1-13, Nathan Rebukes David
On the south side of Belief Reef is Stony Coral City, filled with the hardest, rockiest, roughest coral you ever saw. David was a man after God's own heart, but it became hard when he rejected what was right and instead went after Bathsheba. Only after Nathan confronted the king, did David's hard heart begin to soften.
Objective: Kids will learn that God wants us to have hearts that desire Him.
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners easily. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.