Building Followers of God
Following God isn't just a one-time event. As we follow Him and learn from him, we are BUILT UP into strong boys and girls, men and women of faith. In this series, kids will learn what happens to us when we let God build his kingdom in us.
Bible Bricks 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum Overview:
“Have your roots in him. Build yourselves up in him. Grow strong in what you believe, just as you were taught. Be more thankful than ever before.” Colossians 2:7 (NIrV)
Build Obedience (Gray)
Scripture: Joshua 6:1-20, The Fall of Jericho
When the Israelites faced Jericho, it seemed stronger than anything. But they had God on their side. When they obeyed God's instructions, the walls of Jericho crumbled like a pile of building bricks. Kids will use plenty of gray bricks to build the walls of the mighty city of Jericho.
Objective: Kids will learn that a follower of God is obedient.
Build Trust (Blue)
Scripture: Jonah 1:1-2:10, Jonah and the Fish
God gave instructions for Jonah to preach to the city of Nineveh, but Jonah wanted to go his own way. It wasn't until God sent a fish to swallow him up, that Jonah learned how to trust in God. Use blue bricks to construct the great fish that consumed Jonah.
Objective: Kids will learn that a follower of God trusts Him.
Build Repentance (Green)
Scripture: Luke 19:1-10, Zacchaeus
Zacchaeus lived a sad, and lonely life because he was a tax collector who stole a lot of money from people. Because of this not many people liked Zacchaeus. But then one day, Zacchaeus met Jesus. Jesus gave Zacchaeus the chance to put his faith in Jesus. When Zacchaeus put his faith in Jesus, his life was turned around! Not only did he have a friend in Jesus, but Zacchaeus learned how to be a friend to others as well. Use green bricks to construct the sycamore tree that gave Zacchaeus the chance to see Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn that a follower of God repents of sin and follows God’s ways.
Build Strength (Brown)
Scripture: Acts 27:9-44, Paul Is Shipwrecked
Even though Paul was a prisoner on a boat, he believed in God and never gave up hope. When everyone around him was panicking about the shipwrecked boat, Paul relied on the confidence and strength that God had given him to get through. Use brown bricks to build the boat Paul was in that wasn't strong enough to withstand the storm.
Objective: Kids will learn that a follower of God grows in strength and confidence to trust God no matter what.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.