Teach Kids Jesus' Parables Using Cookies!
Cookies are small, often bite-sized treats. Jesus taught his followers using short and sweet stories called parables that can teach us a lot about how God wants us to live and how much he loves us.
Bible Cookies Lessons Overview:
“Apply your heart to what you are taught. Listen carefully to words of knowledge.” Proverbs 23:12 (NIRV)
Lessons:Oreos - Hidden Treasure
Synopsis: If you take the top off of an Oreo you are left with a big white circle. That circle can remind us of the parable Jesus told about a big white pearl. In that parable Jesus shows us we should ask Jesus into our hearts, and make him our number one priority.
Scripture: Matthew 13:45-46
Animal Crackers - A second chance
Synopsis: The Prodigal Son made a lot of mistakes. It wasn’t until he was feeding animals (pigs specifically) that he realized he needed to go back to his father and apologize. His story teaches us that God will give us a second chance when we turn from our sins and ask him to be our Savior.
Scripture: Luke 15:11-32, Prodigal Son
Chips Ahoy - Chips for everyone
Synopsis: Chips Ahoy cookies are so full of chips, you’ll taste on in almost every bite. The parable of the laborers in the vineyard shows that the same reward, heaven, awaits everyone who trusts in Jesus.
Scripture: Matthew 20:1-16, Parable of the workers in the vineyard
Homemade Cookies - Being Kind to Others
Synopsis: Homemade cookies can be some of the sweetest cookies we make for two reasons. One, we can put as much sugar in as we want! And two, we often are making them for others, which is a sweet thing to do. In the parable of the Good Samaritan, kids will learn that one of the sweetest things we can do for others is to help them when they are hurting.
Scripture: Luke 10:25-37, The Good Samaritan
Fudge Stripes - 3 Important parts
Synopsis: Fudge stripes have three important parts: chocolate covered base, cookie, and stripes. Each does its part to make the cookie tasty and fun! But imagine if one of these parts were missing - it wouldn’t be a fudge stripe cookie! The parable of the three servants teaches us that no matter what gifts God gives us, He wants us to use those things for Him and for His kingdom.
Scripture: Matthew 25:14-30, Three servants investing money
Nutter Butters - You need a firm foundation
Synopsis: These cookies have a soft peanut butter filling inside two crunchy cookies. But imagine if it was the other way around - a cookie inside two layers of gooey peanut butter - what a mess! These cookies need a firm foundation for that soft center. Whenever you eat one of these cookies, remember the story of a foolish man who built his house on a soft foundation. The parable of the two builders shows us we need to build our lives on the firm foundation of Jesus.
Scripture: Matthew 7:24-27, Parable of the Wise and Foolish Builders
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
The producers of the cookies listed above do not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this curriculum or Children's Ministry Deals.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.