Uncovering the Tools to Study God's Word
The Bible should be more than stories that kids hear about once a week. We want kids to fall in love with the Bible, study it, and allow it to impact their lives. This series will give your kids an understanding of WHY they should study the Bible along with the HOW of putting it into practice. In Bible Detective 8-Week Children’s Ministry Curriculum, kids will understand why studying the Bible is important, and be given the tools to do it.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Bible Detective Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “I spend time thinking about your rules. I consider how you want me to live. I take delight in your orders. I won’t fail to obey your word.” Psalm 119:15-16 (NIrV)
Always On The Case
Scripture: Deuteronomy 6:1-9, Love the Lord
God's word is not supposed to be something we just learn about at church once a week. It is meant to be a part of our everyday lives: something we study, something we talk about with others, something that we think about and try to live out every day.
Objective: Kids will learn that God's word should be a part of everyday life.
Looking for Clues
Scripture: Proverbs 4:1-7, Get Wisdom & Matthew 7:7-12, Ask, Seek, Knock
Sometimes when we read the Bible, we have questions. Did that really happen? Why did that person do that? What does that verse mean? We should not be afraid of questions. Asking questions – to God, to teachers, to parents, and to ourselves – will help us grow in our knowledge of the Bible.
Objective: Kids will learn that studying the Bible is about asking questions and seeking answers.
Follow My Lead
Scripture: 1 Samuel 3:1-10, The Lord Speaks to Samuel
Samuel was one of the great prophets of God, sharing the words of God with others. But when he was young, he relied on the priest Eli to teach him and help him learn to understand God's word and his voice. We can reach out to wise men and women and ask for their help in understanding the Bible.
Objective: Kids will learn that others can help us understand God's word better.
On Your Own
Scripture: Luke 5:12-16, Jesus Heals & Luke 6:12-16, Jesus Chooses the Twelve
Even with all of the preaching that Jesus did and the miracles that he performed, Jesus always made time to get away from the crowds and spend time with God. In studying the Bible, it is important that we carve out quiet time to be with God and let him speak to us.
Objective: Kids will learn that it's important to make time to be alone with God.
Scripture: Psalm 119:9-16, Loving God's Word & John 14:26, The Holy Spirit
The Bible says that the Holy Spirit will remind us of everything that Jesus said. But how can the Holy Spirit remind us of what we don't know? We memorize God's word – hiding it in our hearts – to help us understand the Bible. The Holy Spirit can then bring these verses to our minds in times of trouble.
Objective: Kids will learn that memorizing God's word is one part of studying the Bible.
Observe and Report
Scripture: Psalm 19:7:14, The Law of the Lord
For those who are able to write, one solid method for studying the Bible is to “Observe, Interpret, Apply.” When you read a passage of the Bible, write down what you observe. Now, write down what you think it means, what God is trying to say. Finally, write down how you can apply it to your life.
Objective: Kids will learn that we should try to apply God's word to our lives.
A Fine Mess You've Gotten Into
Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:14-17, Using Scripture
The Bible is special. It is God's word. But that doesn't mean we should keep it on the shelf, looking new. The Bible is meant to be opened and studied. We can use a highlighter to mark up passages that mean something special to us. We can write in the margins things that God is saying to us. When it comes to using your Bible, it's okay to make a mess.
Objective: Kids will learn that the Bible is to be read, and studied and used.
Scripture: John 1:1-18, The Word
The more we learn God's word, the more we see that there is so much to learn. As we study, we find that there are always new things to see and deeper places that we can go. We are detectives, working to uncover the deeper meanings. As we study God's word, we learn that it all leads us to Jesus, the Living Word of God.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus is the living Word of God.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.