Build On This Rock!
This Rock Star-themed series shows that those who build their lives on the Rock – Jesus Christ – are the real Rock Stars.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Bible Rockstar Lessons Overview
“Lord, may these words of my mouth please you. And may these thoughts of my heart please you also. You are my Rock and my Redeemer.” Psalms 19:14 (NIRV)
Making the Band
Scripture: Mark 1:14-20, Calling the First Disciples
The men who became part of Jesus' “band” of disciples were nothing special in the world's eyes. But Jesus chose them. To make the band and be a rock star for Jesus, we just have to be willing to follow.
Objective: Kids will say “Rock stars follow after Jesus.”
Practice Makes Perfect
Scripture: Luke 6:46-49, The Wise and Foolish Builders
If a rock star wants to be great in concert, he or she has to build up a discipline of work and practice. A rock star for Jesus knows that the only way to be successful is to build everything he or she does on a firm foundation – the Rock, Jesus Christ.
Objective: Kids will say “Rock stars build their lives on Jesus.”
Scripture: John 10:2-5 The Good Shepherd’s Voice
The rock star does a soundcheck before the concert, listening to make sure everything is just right for the show. Jesus says that his followers will recognize his voice and follow him where he leads.
Objective: Kids will say “Rock stars learn to hear Jesus’ voice.”
Scripture: Matthew 16:13-20, Peter Declares Jesus is Messiah
With all the preparation done, the Rock Star is ready to take center stage. Real rock stars know that Jesus is the Savior, the Son of God, and they place him center stage.
Objective: Kids will say “Rock stars know the truth about who Jesus is.”
Scripture: Matthew 17:14-20, Move Mountains
After the concert, a select few who have a backstage pass get to go behind the scenes and meet the rock star. You don't need a backstage pass to talk to Jesus, or to experience his power. That right belongs to all who follow Him.
Objective: Kids will say, “Rock stars have power in Jesus' name.”
Scripture: Luke 24:1-12, The Resurrection
A rock star's fans who follow the singer around the country from show to show are called groupies. Even after Jesus died, some of the women who had followed Him were still his groupies. They were the first to discover that Jesus had risen from the dead.
Objective: Kids will say, “Rock stars know that Jesus is alive!”
Scripture: Acts 8:26-40, Philip and the Ethiopian
A rock star may travel around the country from concert to concert in a luxury tour bus. A rock star for Jesus is willing to go wherever God leads him.
Objective: Kids will say, “Rock stars go wherever Jesus leads.”
Completely Sold Out
Scripture: Acts 7:54-60, The Stoning of Stephen
The goal of a rock star is to have a sold-out concert – where there isn't an empty seat in the arena. For a follower of Jesus, the goal is to be completely sold out for Him – staying completely committed to Jesus no matter what it costs.
Objective: Kids will say, “Rock stars are completely sold out for Jesus.”
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.