See what God does next!
The Bible is full of some really amazing stories! These stories are more exciting than any movie or TV show on Netflix. They were written in the Bible so we could know God better and know how much he loves us as well as how we can follow his plan for our own lives. Kids will learn how they can be part of God’s awesome story.
Bibleflix Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“I know the plans I have for you,” announces the Lord. “I want you to enjoy success. I do not plan to harm you. I will give you hope for the years to come.” Jeremiah 29:11 NIRV
God Starts the Story
Scripture: Genesis 1:1 - 2:3 The story of Creation
Synopsis: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. God spoke and the universe as we know it was made. God made everything we can see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. God made us as well. Everything God made was good, because God is very good.
Objective: Kids will learn that God made them.
Sin Enters the Story
Scripture: Genesis 3 Adam and Eve Sin
Synopsis: Everything God made was perfect and good. He had given Adam and Eve a few rules that would keep them safe and allow them to enjoy the perfect place God and made. But Adam and Eve chose to disobey God. And just like there are consequences when we disobey our parents, Adam and Eve lost the chance to live in the Garden because they disobeyed God and did not follow the rules.
Objective: Kids will learn that sin happens when we disobey God.
The Part of the Story Where God Saves Noah from the Flood
Scripture: Genesis 6:9-22 Genesis 7:5-24
Synopsis: After Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden, many more people chose to disobey God and hurt each other. Only Noah and his family still chose to obey God. So because Noah believed God and obeyed Him, God protected Noah and his family from the huge flood that covered the whole earth.
Objective: Kids will learn that God protects his people.
The Story Continues When God Splits the Red Sea
Scripture: Exodus 14:15-31
Synopsis: Many years after the flood, God’s chosen people the Israelites had been made slaves by the Pharaoh of Egypt. God miraculously got Pharaoh to let the people leave by sending 10 plagues on the Egyptians. But as soon as they had left, the Egyptians changed their mind and chased the Israelites and trapped them by the Red Sea. That’s when God did something amazing to show His people that He always has a plan and that we can always trust God.
Objective: Kids will learn that God always has a plan
God’s Story Can’t Be Stopped Even by a Giant
Scripture: 1 Samuel 17:23-50
Synopsis: After God saved the Israelites from the Red Sea he helped them grow into a great nation. But it didn’t take long for some enemies to show up to attack them. The Philistines had a giant named Goliath that terrified all of the Israelites. They were so afraid because they stopped trusting God and they knew they couldn’t defeat Goliath by themselves. But there was one Israelite, a young shepherd named David who never stopped trusting God. He knew that God could beat any enemy, even a giant, and so he went out to face Goliath, because he knew God would help him win the battle.
Objective: Kids will learn that there is no one stronger than God.
God Brings In The Hero Of The Story
Scripture: Luke 1:26-38 John 1:29-34
Synopsis: All the stories in the Old Testament show us that God is good, people have made bad choices, but God still loves us and wants to save us. We also learned that there is nothing and no one that can stop God. In the New Testament, God sends His son Jesus to perform the ultimate rescue and save people from their sins forever.
Objective: Kids will learn that God is perfect and Holy.
The Story Looks Like It Might Be Over
Scripture: Luke 23:32-47 Jesus dies on the cross
Synopsis: From the very first time Adam and Eve disobeyed God, to the time you disobeyed your parents or said something mean to a friend, sin has been happening in the world. Sin happens when we disobey God. There is a price to pay for every sin, just like when you disobey mom and dad and get grounded. However, the punishment for sin is much greater. It means that we can’t be with God in Heaven forever. However, when Jesus died on the cross, he took the punishment we should have gotten so that we can be in Heaven with God forever!
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus took the punishment we deserved for sin when He died on the cross.
God’s Story Continues With You
Scripture: John 14:1-6 Matthew 28:16-20
Synopsis: After all that God has done, He still has work to do. He is currently preparing a place in Heaven for everyone who will believe in Jesus as their Savior. He wants us to become a part of His amazing story by believing in Him and telling others the good news of what Jesus has done and how they too can spend forever in Heaven with Jesus.
Objective: Kids will be given an opportunity to accept Jesus as their Savior or challenged to pray for a friend they want to tell about Jesus.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.