Teach kids about some little things that can make a big difference!
Love them or hate them, bugs are a part of God’s creation. As small as they are, these little things can give us some direction on how to live a life that glorifies God.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Bugs Lessons Overview:
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” Psalm 19:1 (NIV)
CaterpillarScripture: John 1:35-42, John’s Disciples Follow Jesus
Synopsis: Caterpillars are bugs with a promise: one day, they will be butterflies. Jesus’ disciples were simple fishermen when they first met him, but Jesus would transform them just as he can transform us.
Objective: Kids will identify one thing they can do to grow closer with Jesus.
Scripture: Luke 10:25-37 The Good Samaritan
Synopsis: Bees make the world a sweeter place. They make honey! As believers, we can make the world sweeter by doing good and loving other people.
Objective: Kids will identify something kind they can do for someone this week.
Scripture: Proverbs 6:6-8
Synopsis: No creature in all of nature works harder than the ant. God wants us to work hard at everything we do.
Objective: Kids will choose one chore they will do this week without being asked.
Scripture: Acts 17:22-31, Paul in Athens
Synopsis: Some people believe that ladybugs bring good luck. God doesn’t want us to trust in luck or anything other than him.
Objective: Kids will pray for something they are hoping will happen.
Scripture: Matthew 5:13-16, Salt and Light
Synopsis: In the summer time, few things light up the night like fireflies. God wants us to be his light in this world so others can find Jesus.
Objective: Kids will come up with one way they can show Jesus to their classmates.
Scripture: Genesis 19:12-29, Lot Flees from Sodom and Gommorah
Synopsis: No bug is harder to catch than the grasshopper. When they see trouble coming, they jump to safety. God wants us to jump and flee from temptation.
Objective: Kids will state how they will get away when they are tempted to sin.
Scripture: 2 Chronicles 20:1-30, Jehoshaphat Leads Judah to Victory
Synopsis: When the Roly Poly gets spooked, he rolls up in a ball - and often gets batted around! God doesn’t want us to hide in fear, but to trust in him and be brave.
Objective: Kids will state one fear they have that they want to give to Jesus.
Scripture: Luke 18:9-14, Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
Synopsis: The praying mantis only looks like he’s talking to God; he’s actually looking for something to eat! God wants us to be people who genuinely pray and seek Him.
Objective: Kids will make a plan to spend time praying every day.
Scripture: Hebrews 12:1-2
Synopsis: Mosquitoes are bloodsuckers, but they are minor irritants compared to the little sins that hold us back from serving God. We need to let go of sinful habits so we can focus on Jesus.
Objective: Kids will choose one sinful habit they want to get rid of.
Scripture: Psalm 100, Giving Grateful Praise
Synopsis: You can’t ignore the crickets; they are loud and they demand to be heard. God wants us to raise our voices and praise the Lord at all times.
Objective: Kids will share one thing they want to praise God for.
Scripture: Revelation 21:1-8, A New Heaven and a New Earth
Synopsis: There’s a popular story that says if the world ever ends, the one creature that will survive is the cockroach. Roaches themselves may not be immortal, but God is preparing a place where we can live forever with him!
Objective: Kids will state how they can live forever with Jesus.
Scripture: Acts 2:14-41, Peter’s First Sermon
Synopsis: Remember the caterpillar we talked about in week one? One day, we will be butterflies, and God will make us soar. Peter’s life shows us how God can transform us into courageous witnesses for Jesus.
Objective: Kids will identify one person they can tell about Jesus this week.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.