12 Bible Lessons Based on Kids' Favorite Candy
Candy is sweet. In this series, kids will learn that God’s love is even sweeter. They’ll also learn how God wants them to show his love to others.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Candy Lessons Overview:
Lessons 1-6: God’s Sweet Love for You
Memory Verse: “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14 (NIV)
Milk Duds – Do you ever feel like a dud—a failure? Even though God knows everything about you, including the ways you mess up, he still loves you because he made you. Psalm 139:1-18, We Are Fearfully And Wonderfully Made.
Twizzlers – Twizzlers may be tasty, but they’re also tied up in knots—just like us when we worry. When we put our trust in God, He untangles us and takes away our worries. Matthew 6:25-34, Jesus’ Teachings About Worry.
Hershey’s Kisses – When somebody (like your parents) gives you a kiss, it’s a sign that they love you no matter what. In the same way, Jesus will never stop loving you, even when bad things happen. Romans 8:35-39, Nothing Can Separate Us From Christ’s Love.
Peeps – These marshmallow-filled candies are soft and gooey, just like us when we lose our courage. But having God in our lives can help us be brave. Joshua 1:1-9, Be Strong And Courageous.
Gummy Worms – All of us do bad things and that can make us feel as worthless as a worm. The good news is, God always forgives our sins! 1 John 1:8-9, God Is Faithful To Forgive Us.
Tootsie Pop – No one knows how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. But God knows how to get to our center (our heart) and he gives us exactly what we need. Luke 19:1-10, Zacchaeus
Lessons 7-12: Showing God’s Sweet Love to Others
Memory Verse: “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” John 13:34 (NIV)
Mr. Goodbar – God wants us to be Mr. (or Ms.) Goodbar towards other people, even if they’re not so good to us. In other words, we’re supposed to love our enemies. Matthew 5:43-48, Love Your Enemies.
Skittles – These candies may be different colors, but they all taste delicious! In the same way, even when others look or act differently than us, God wants us to love them. Acts 10:9-28, Peter’s Vision Of Clean And Unclean Animals.
Lemonheads – Sometimes, we turn our relationships sour when we hurt other people’s feelings. If we wound someone, we should ask for their forgiveness. Luke 15:11-32, The Parable Of The Prodigal Son.
Atomic Fireballs – When your friend (or your little sister) makes you hot and angry like a fireball, don’t take revenge. You need to forgive that person. Matthew 18:21-35, The Parable Of The Unmerciful Servant
Gummy Bears – A bear hug is a tangible expression of love—something you can see and feel. God wants us to love people in tangible ways by providing for the needs of those who don’t have enough. James 2:14-17, Faith Without Works Is Dead.
Laffy Taffy – Bullies may laff at you or leave you out, but Jesus doesn’t do that. He wants you to come to him so that he can show you how much he loves you and we can then share that love with others. Matthew 19:13-15, Children Come To Jesus.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.