A Sweet Look at the Ministry of Jesus!
Kids will enjoy learning about the ministry of Jesus as they journey through Candy Valley to the Wacky Candy Works.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Candy Valley Adventure Overview:
“God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world. He sent his Son to save the world through him.” John 3:17 (NIrV)
Scripture: Matthew 4:18-22, 10:1-4, Jesus Calls the Disciples
You can't tour the Wild Wacky Candy Works without your golden invitation. Jesus invited 12 people to join him in his ministry. We call them the 12 disciples. But Jesus invites all of us to believe in Him, follow Him, and have a new life in Him.
Objective: Kids will learn “Jesus invites me to follow Him.”
Rock Candy Forest
Scripture: Luke 5:17-26, Jesus Heals a Paralyzed Man
At certain places, the trees (rock candy) can get so thick in the forest, you can't pass through. Some men brought their friend for Jesus to heal, but the house was so packed with people, they couldn't get through the crowd. So they found another way in, that really paid off.
Objective: Kids will learn, “the most important thing I can do is get closer to Jesus.”
Neverending Sugar Surprise
Scripture: Luke 9:10-17, Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand
What if you could eat one piece of candy and never be hungry again? Then you may want to try the Neverending Sugar Surprise. The people who came out to hear Jesus preach were also very hungry, and they had nothing to eat. They needed some way to create an endless supply of food, to feed thousands and thousands of people. Once again, Jesus came through.
Objective: Kids will learn, “I can trust Jesus to take care of my needs.”
Lemon Drop Mountain
Scripture: Mark 9:2-10, Jesus’ Appearance is Changed
Who could ever believe there's a mountain made out of lemon drops? Anyone who's been to the Wild Wacky Candy Works! Nothing you see there, however, is half as incredible as the sight Peter, James, and John saw one day up on the mountain. They witnessed a transformed Jesus talking with Moses and Elijah! If there was any doubt Jesus was God’s son it was gone!
Objective: Kids will learn, “Jesus truly is the almighty Son of God.”
Scripture: Luke 8:40-56, Jesus Heals a Dead Girl and a Sick Woman
Even your walk through the Wild Wacky Candy Works is delicious – the streets are made of gingerbread. Jesus walked all over the roads of Israel. These roads were not as sweet. In fact they were filled with many hurting people. But that gave Jesus lots of opportunities to show God’s love and power by healing people.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Jesus has the power to heal any hurt.”
Scripture: Matthew 14:22-33, Jesus Walks on Water
The caramel is so thick on the caramel river, you can almost walk on it. That’s impossible to do on a river of water…or is it? Once when Jesus' disciples were sailing at night, Jesus came to them. . . walking on the water! Peter even joined in a bit, until his fear got the better of him.
Objective: Kids will learn, “I can face anything, if I keep my eyes on Jesus.”
Scripture: Matthew 21:7-17, Triumphal Entry and Jesus at the Temple
Unwrap the gold foil and take a bite of these delicious chocolate coins. Jesus also found some coins at the temple, but Jesus found nothing delightful about those coins. When he walked into the temple area and saw that the people had turned God's house into a marketplace, He made a point to show that God's temple should be focused on God.
Objective: Kids will learn “when I come to church, I should be looking forward to spending time with God and learning about him.”
Scripture: Mark 16:15-19, The Resurrection
Have you ever had bubble gum that you could blow a bubble big enough to help you fly? Well now you can! And you know what these floating bubbles remind me of? Jesus ascended to heaven after he rose from the dead in power. He gave us the challenge of sharing the good news that anyone who believes can be saved.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Jesus is the only way I and anyone else can be saved.”
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample lesson here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.