Arctic-themed Lessons on Keeping Your Cool!
When things heat up, it can be hard to keep our cool. But God calls us to show love, be slow to anger, and be kind to others. With His help, we can stay as cool as an arctic wind, no matter what we face.
Chill Lessons Overview
"A person with a bad temper stirs up conflict. But a person who is patient calms things down.” Proverbs 15:18 (NIRV)
Tip of the Iceberg
Scripture: Daniel 6:10-27, Daniel in the Den of Lions
We can lose our cool when we don't know what is going to happen next. We only see the tip of the iceberg and have no idea what is going on below. Daniel didn't know what was going to happen when he was thrown into the den of lions, but he knew that God was in control, so he kept his cool.
Objective: Kids will learn, “I can keep my cool because God is in control.”
Scripture: 1 Kings 19:1-18, God Appears to Elijah
We might lose our cool when life gets hard and the world seems cold. Elijah felt sad and all alone. But God showed Elijah that he was not alone; God is always there.
Objective: Kids will learn “I can keep my cool because God is always with me.”
Scripture: James 1:19-21, Slow to Anger, James 3:3-10, Tame the Tongue
When we let our anger take over, it can lead to an uncontrollable avalanche of emotion. The Bible teaches us the importance of listening before we speak and learning to control our anger.
Objective: Kids will learn “I can keep my cool by thinking before I speak."
Scripture: John 13:34-35 Love One Another
When we lose our cool, we can often attack people around us. The words we throw around in anger can sting like getting hit in the face with a snowball. But when we keep our cool and remember that “Jesus forgave me, so I can forgive others” we create a whole new snowball effect. Just like a snowball rolling down a hill soon turns into a gigantic snowball that’s too heavy to lift, our decision to show love instead of anger can have a gigantic impact on the people around us.Objective: Kids will learn, “I can keep my cool and show love because Jesus loves me.”
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.