The Sweetest Christmas Ever
Making Christmas cookies is a sweet labor of love. These sweet treats require the finest ingredients, shaped just right, baked properly, and iced to perfection – but they are worth the effort. Christmas Cookies 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum teaches kids that God moved heaven and earth to give us a Savior. He brought everything together perfectly with the birth of Jesus – the sweetest gift God could ever give us.
Christmas Cookies Lessons Overview:
“Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!” 2 Corinthians 9:15 (NIV)
Just the Right Mix
Scripture: Luke 2:1-20, The Birth of Jesus
To make a great Christmas cookie, you need all the right ingredients: like flour, butter, eggs, and of course, sweet, sweet sugar. Two thousand years ago, all of the ingredients were in place to create the first Christmas ever: Mary, Joseph, Bethlehem, angels, shepherds, and a Savior.
Objective: Kids will learn that "God brought everything together to bring us a Savior."
Scripture: Matthew 2:1-11, The Visit of the Magi
A baker uses cookie cutters to give their cookies their shapes: stars, stockings, and Christmas trees. The Christmas story really took shape when the Magi came and presented the newborn King with gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Objective: Kids will learn that "God sent Jesus to be our King and our Savior."
Scripture: Matthew 2:11-20, The Escape to Egypt
The dough needs heat to become a cookie. A Christmas cookie isn't a Christmas cookie until they spend some time in the oven. Jesus had to experience some heat even at such a young age when Herod tried to kill the new King. But God made sure nothing would stop his plan to bring us a Savior.
Objective: Kids will learn that "God won't let anything get in the way of his plan for us."
Iced to Perfection
Scripture: John 1:1-14, The Word Became Flesh
The final touch for the Christmas cookie is making sure they are iced to perfection. God sent his Son to be our Savior. John called Him “the Word.” Jesus is our Savior, the Son of God, God in the flesh, and the perfect Word to represent God's love for us.
Objective: Kids will learn that "God's perfect plan for us begins and ends with Jesus."
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Be sure to check out our Christmas Worship Songs for Kids Playlist on Spotify!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.