Why The Story of Jesus' Birth Still Matters
The Christmas story isn't just about the birth of a baby. It's about the arrival of the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace promised in the book of Isaiah. In Christmas Unwrapped 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will explore the Christmas story and discover why “Jesus matters to me.”
To get 4 additional game videos, make sure you select the "Curriculum + Games Pack" option. These additional games sell for $10 each, but you can get ALL 4 for only $25 when you order them with this curriculum. (Click here to see more details on everything included in the games pack).
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Curriculum Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
Digital Curriculum + Digital Game Pack - Instant access via email to the digital curriculum and game pack
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral-bound copy of your curriculum!
Christmas Unwrapped Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: “And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. ” Isaiah 9:6b (NIV)
Scripture: Isaiah 9:6-7, A Child Is Born & Matthew 1:18-23, Immanuel
A counselor is someone who you can turn to for advice, for a shoulder to lean on, for help with your problems. A counselor is there for you. Jesus is our wonderful counselor; he is there for us. Jesus is God with us.
Objective: Kids will learn they can go to Jesus with any challenge because he is their Wonderful Counselor.
Scripture: Luke 1:26-38, The Angel Visits Mary
When the angel told Mary that she would give birth to Jesus, she thought that it couldn't be possible. But the angel reminded her “nothing is impossible with God.” When we face hard times or confusing things, we can turn to Jesus. Jesus is our Mighty God; nothing is impossible for him.
Objective: Kids will learn they can trust in Jesus because he is a Mighty God.
Scripture: Matthew 2:1-16, The Magi and King Herod
When something is everlasting, it means that it will never end. When King Herod learned that Jesus had been born, he knew his kingdom was coming to an end, so he tried to stop Jesus. Jesus loves us like a good father, and we can take comfort knowing that Jesus’ love and Jesus’ kingdom will never end.
Objective: Kids will learn they can put their hope in Jesus because he is their Everlasting Father.
Prince of Peace
Scripture: Luke 2:1-20, The Shepherds
When the angels told the shepherds that Jesus had been born, they said that He would bring peace. Even though we will have hard times, and sad times, if we bring our troubles and worries to God, He will bring us peace.
Objective: Kids will learn they can find rest in Jesus because he is their Prince of Peace.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.