Use Doughnuts to teach your kids the Ten Commandments. The Do Nots of Doughnuts!
God gave us 10 commandments to help us live a life that’s sweeter not only to him, but to everyone around us. The 10 Commandments can make us, and the world around us, a sweeter place.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Doughnuts Lessons Overview:
“Never stop reading this Book of the Law. Day and night you must think about what it says. Make sure you do everything written in it. Then things will go well with you. And you will have great success.” Joshua 1:8 (NIRV)
A Dozen (Minus Two)
Objective: Kids will share what the 10 Commandments are.
Synopsis: God wanted his people Israel to live as sweet a life as possible, so he gave him 10 commandments for being “sweet” to him and “sweet” to others.
Scripture: Exodus 20:1-20
Your Favorite Doughnut
Objective: Kids will learn the first commandment
Synopsis: We all have a favorite doughnut one that no other doughnut in the world can touch. God is the one true God, and like our favorite doughnut, we must put no other gods before him.
Scripture: 1 Kings 18:20-39
Objective: Kids will learn the second commandment
Synopsis: Bagels aren’t really doughnuts they are imposters! God made it very clear that we are not to worship imposters, but only him!
Scripture: 2 Kings 23:1-6, 24-25
Objective: Kids will learn the third commandment
Synopsis: These doughnuts have a unique name so you know exactly what type of doughnut you want when you say cruller. God wants us to hold his name in the highest regard and not to use it inappropriately.
Scripture: Exodus 20:7
Objective: Kids will learn the fourth commandment.
Synopsis: Sundays are always better when doughnuts are involved. God wants us to consider Sundays to be extra special and to make it a priority to worship with fellow believers at church.
Scripture: Genesis 2:1-3
Too Many Doughnuts
Objective: Kids will learn the fifth commandment.
Synopsis: Parents are the doughnut gate keepers. They can get us doughnuts but they can also cut us off. God wants us to honor and obey them as they teach us how to follow Christ.
Scripture: Ephesians 6:1-3
Objective: Kids will learn the sixth commandment.
Synopsis: Sprinkled doughnuts aren’t done until some delicious sprinkles are tossed on top. The sixth commandment tells us not to kill, but Jesus tells us that we also must not hurl insults and cruel words at others as well.
Scripture: Matthew 5:21-26
Not Your Doughnuts
Objective: Kids will learn the seventh commandment.
Synopsis: How would you feel if someone promised to bring you your favorite doughnut but they ate it on the way home? The seventh commandment is about married people, but it’s also a warning not to break the promises we make to other people and God.
Scripture: Numbers 30:1-2
Pay for the Doughnuts
Objective: Kids will learn the eighth commandment.
Synopsis: Doughnuts cost money. You can’t walk out of a doughnut shop with doughnuts unless you pay for them. God warns us not to take things that do not belong to us.
Scripture: Exodus 20:15
Custard vs. Cream Filled Doughnuts
Objective: Kids will learn the ninth commandment.
Synopsis: Some Long John lovers like cream. Others like custard. You better give them the right one, because they’ll know the difference. Jesus warns us to always be truthful and not tell lies because we will be found out.
Scripture: Psalm 101:7
Jealous Jelly Doughnuts
Objective: Kids will learn the last commandment.
Synopsis: You have a doughnut and it’s good, but the kid next to you? He’s got an amazing doughnut. The tenth commandment warns us against envy and teaches us to be grateful for what we have.
Scripture: Exodus 20:17
A Box of Doughnuts
Objective: Kids will review and recite the Ten Commandments.
Synopsis: The Ten Commandments teach us how to treat God and how to treat others. If we follow them, life will be sweeter not just for us, but for everyone we know and love.
Scripture: Exodus 20:1-20
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.