Jesus is the Reason for Every Season
Even before Jesus' birth, the angels and prophets pointed us to the time when Jesus would become our Savior and save us from our sins. This series makes the connection between the Easter message and the Christmas story. Kids will gain new insight into the truth that Jesus came as a baby, but grew into a man who laid down his life to save us.
Easter Mashup Curriculum Overview:
Memory Verse: “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.” John 3:16 (NIRV)
Easter Bell Rock
Scripture: Luke 19:28-40, The Triumphal Entry & Luke 1:39-50, Mary Visits Elizabeth
Even before he was born, Elizabeth and the baby inside her (John the Baptist) praised Jesus. When Jesus entered Jerusalem for the final time, the people praised him. When the Pharisees complained, Jesus said that if the people didn't praise him, the rocks would.
Decoration: Wreath of Easter Lilies and Jingle Bells
Objective: Kids will learn “I can celebrate that Jesus came to save us!”
Egg-cited to Trim the Tree
Scripture: Luke 22:39-54, Jesus In the Garden & Luke 2:4-20, The Birth of Jesus
Angels told the shepherds that Jesus had been born in Bethlehem. The shepherds obeyed the angels and went to see the newborn Savior. Years later as Jesus prayed in anguish, an angel came and watched over him. Jesus knew the suffering he was about to go through, but he prayed that God the Father's will would be done, always.
Decoration: Christmas Tree with Easter Eggs Topped with Angel
Objective: Kids will learn “I can trust God's will.”
Stockings Hung by the Chimney with Hares
Scripture: John 19:23-30, Jesus Gives His Life & Matthew 2:1-11, Visit of the Magi
The Magi gave the baby Jesus gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. When he had grown, Jesus gave us the ultimate gift: His very life. Jesus gave his life to show us God's love, and so that we could be free from the weight of sin and death.
Decoration: Stockings Stuffed with Chocolate Bunnies
Objective: Kids will learn “Jesus gave his life as a gift for me.”
Scripture: Matthew 28:1-10, The Resurrection & Luke 2:21-38, Simeon and Anna
When Jesus died, his disciples thought that his light had burned out for good. But Jesus rose from the dead in power they knew he truly is the King Of Kings. He is our Savior and offers us light and life that will never fade. The women who met Jesus in the garden knew that. Simeon and Anna knew that, even when they met Jesus as a little baby.
Decoration: Easter Basket Lined with Christmas Lights and Tinsel
Objective: Kids will learn “I can trust Jesus as my Savior.”
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Be sure to check out our Easter Worship Songs for Kids Playlist on Spotify!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.