Cultivating a Faith that Grows!
Ollie MacDonald has a farm. . . that he just bought. Kids will join Ollie and his wife, Sarah, as they learn the ins and outs of farm life. Along the way, they will learn the ins and outs of living in faith and seeing the faithfulness of God.
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
Faith On The Farm Lessons Overview
“If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20b (NIRV)
Scripture: Genesis 15:1-6, God's Covenant with Abram
There is a lot for Ollie MacDonald to learn in order to have a fully functioning farm. Some days Ollie's not sure he'll ever be a real farmer. When God told Abram that he would have a son in his old age, Abram had the faith to believe God.
Objective: Kids will learn that the Faithful believe what God says.
The Farmer's Wife
Scripture: Genesis 18:1-15, The Three Visitors
The day Ollie couldn't figure out how to turn on his own tractor, his wife Sarah couldn't help but laugh. When Abraham's wife Sarah heard that she would have a son in her old age, her doubt caused her to laugh.
Objective: Kids will learn that the Faithful never need to doubt God.
Scripture: Luke 13:23-35, The Narrow Door
The other day Ollie fixed the only door into the coop; now his chickens can once again go into the coop to get warm and stay safe. Our only way to God is through the narrow door – Jesus. Those who enter find love, peace and safety.
Objective: Kids will learn the Faithful know that Jesus is the only way.
Scripture: Matthew 11:27-30, My Yoke is Easy
Ollie spends his days learning how to use the tractor, the thresher, and all the other pieces of equipment on the farm. It's hard work, but not nearly as hard as the old days when farmers had to tie animals to a yoke to plow the fields. Jesus that those who tie themselves to Him will find that his yoke is easy and his burden is light.
Objective: Kids will learn – Christmas reminds us that God gives us a family to love and to love us.
Scripture: Matthew 9:35-38, The Harvest is Plentiful
The main crop on the farm is wheat, the most widely eaten grain in all the world. Ollie is still learning the best way to plant, grow and harvest this grain which is in such high demand. Jesus told his disciples that the fields were ripe for harvest, meaning that many people were ready to hear the good news and become His disciples. Someone just had to go out and tell them about Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn that the Faithful share their faith with others.
Scripture: John 10:11-18, The Good Shepherd
Sarah loves their small flock of sheep that they raise for the wool. Every day she goes out and talks to the sheep – they have learned to recognize her voice and even come to the fence when they hear it. Jesus is the Good Shepherd who protects the sheep at all costs.
Objective: Kids will learn the Faithful know that Jesus laid down His life for them.
Sam, the Sheep Dog
Scripture: Luke 15:1-7, The Parable of the Lost Sheep
Sometimes the sheep get out of the pen and wander off. That's why the MacDonalds are so thankful for their trusty sheep do, Sam, who helps lead them back to the pen. When we wander away like sheep, Jesus seeks us out and brings us back home.
Objective: Kids will learn that even when the Faithful go astray, Jesus never gives up on them.
Mustard Seed Crop
Scripture: Matthew 17:14-20, Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Boy
While the MacDonalds' main crop is wheat, they have a small bit of land where they harvest mustard seeds. Jesus told his disciples that even with a small bit of faith – as small as a mustard seed – they could do great things for God.
Objective: Kids will learn that even with just a little faith the Faithful can do great things for God.
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners easily. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.