The Hidden Feelings
Our emotions can sometimes feel like we’re trying to tame a dragon. But God shows us how we can take control of our anger, fear and sadness, and have joy and peace in the midst of our other emotions.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
How to Train Your Emotions Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview:
Memory Verse: “I will be glad and full of joy because of you. Most High God, I will sing the praises of your name.” Psalm 9:2 (NIrV)
Scripture: Exodus 17:1-7, Water From the Rock
The people of God were in the desert with no water to drink. Because they were thirsty, they were angry at Moses, and they were angry at God. Even in their anger, God loved his people and provided water in a miraculous way.
Objective: Kids will learn “When I'm angry, I will remember God's mercy for me and others.”
Scripture: Luke 8:22-25, Jesus Calms the Storm
When the storm hit, Jesus' disciples let their fear overpower them. Then Jesus showed them that he is in control, and he stopped the storm. In times when we are afraid, we can tame our fear by turning to Jesus and remembering that he is in control.
Objective: Kids will learn “When I'm afraid, I will remember God is in control.”
Scripture: John 11:17-44, Jesus Raises Lazarus
When Lazarus died, his sisters and all of his friends were very sad. When Jesus came to see them, he shared in their sadness. Jesus showed us that it is not wrong to feel sad, as even he wept in this story. But Jesus showed that you can be sad and still have peace if your hope is in God. He turned their sadness to joy, when he raised Lazarus back from the dead. In times of sadness, Jesus is with us, and he can give us peace and turn our sadness into joy.
Objective: Kids will learn “When I'm sad, I will remember God's love.”
Scripture: Acts 16:22-34, Paul and Silas in Prison
Paul and Silas were thrown into prison for telling people about Jesus. Most prisoners probably would have been filled with anger, sadness or fear. But Paul and Silas were filled with joy – singing songs of praise and praying to God. Even in the most terrible of times, if our focus and hope is on Jesus, we can have joy and peace.
Objective: Kids will learn “When I focus on God, I have joy.”
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.