It's a SWEET Idea to Trust God
Ice cream comes in all flavors and a variety of forms, but whatever shape it takes, ice cream is always sweet. Kids will discover that following Jesus is the key to living a truly sweet life.
Ice Cream Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8 (NIV)
Ice Cream Sundae
Scripture: 2 Chronicles 7:1-10, Solomon Dedicates the Temple
Synopsis: Everyone loves an ice cream sundae, a delightful mix of ice cream, syrup, and other toppings. God wants us to love and cherish Sundays, when we come together to worship Jesus.
Objective: Kids will name one way they grow closer to God on Sundays.
Blizzards and Flurries
Scripture: Acts 10:9-48, Peter and Cornelius
Synopsis: Some people are Oreo fans, some like Butterfingers, and some like Heath. We all have our differences, but we were all made by God and he loves us all.
Objective: Kids will state that Jesus loves everyone, even those who are different.
Scripture: Mark 9:14-29, Jesus Heals a Boy Possessed by an Impure Spirit
Synopsis: Sometimes things happen in life that really hurt us. It can feel like our hearts are split in two. But just like ice cream makes a split banana taste better, Jesus can make our hurts feel better too.
Objective: Kids will pick one hurt on their hearts and give it to Jesus.
Root Beer Float
Scripture: Romans 10:9-12
Synopsis: Root beer is a pretty good treat by itself, but add ice cream and it becomes something extraordinary. People are actually pretty lost on our own, but when we put Jesus in our hearts, we become something special.
Objective: Kids will state why we need to accept Jesus into our hearts.
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Scripture: Exodus 14, Parting of the Red Sea
Synopsis: Two cookies come together to form a unique way to hold and eat your ice cream. When we feel sandwiched, we can turn to God, and he will give us a way out.
Objective: Kids will make a plan to call on Jesus when they feel trapped.
Scripture: Matthew 13:31-35, The Parables of the Mustard Seed and Yeast
Synopsis: One of the best things about frozen yogurt is the huge toppings bar you get to choose from to mix into your bowl. When we put Jesus in our hearts, God can use us to spread Jesus all throughout our world!
Synopsis: Kids will brainstorm ways to share Jesus with their friends.
Ice Cream Cone
Scripture: Philippians 3:7-14, No Confidence in the Flesh
Synopsis: Ice cream cones are a fun treat, but if you take too long, they start to melt and run down our hands. They remind us that our time is limited, and God wants us to make the most use of our time.
Objective: Kids will choose one thing they want to cut out of their life so they can focus more on Jesus.
Scripture: Matthew 13:44-46, Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl
Synopsis: The old ads for Klondike bars asked, “What would you do for a Klondike bar?” We will do anything for the thing we hold most important, and God wants to be the most important thing in our life.
Synopsis: Kids will state why Jesus needs to be the #1 thing in their life.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.