Disciples Under Construction
Kids love Minecraft – creating whole worlds from tiny little blocks. God made the universe from nothing. God made us to know him, love him and obey him. We were crafted to be his disciples. In I'm Crafted 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will know they were crafted by God to love him and be his disciples.
I'm Crafted Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“Every house is built by someone. But God is the builder of everything.” Hebrews 3:4 (NIrV)
On The Grid
Scripture: Psalm 139:13-18, Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
God made the universe and everything in it. His favorite creation is us – the Bible says that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Even before we were “on the grid” God knew us and loved us.
Objective: Kids will say, “I'm crafted by God!”
Your Way or Mine
Scripture: Genesis 6:11-7:5, Noah Builds an Ark
God gave Noah special instructions: build a boat to save your family and all the animals. God chose Noah specifically for this job, and Noah obeyed. God has built each of us for a special purpose in mind. He has plans for us to love him, serve him and show his love to others.
Objective: Kids will say, “I'm crafted for a special purpose!”
Don't Build The Wrong Thing
Scripture: Genesis 11:1-9, The Tower of Babel
In this story, the people tried to do their own thing, by trying to build a tower to heaven, so they could be like God. They were thinking only about themselves and not thinking about God. God had no trouble showing them that he is in control and no one is as great as God. We can avoid making the same mistake, if we put God first and seek to obey Him rather than do things our own way.
Objective: Kids will say, “I'm crafted to obey and let God lead the way.”
No Lava Lost
Scripture: Daniel 3:8-28, The Fiery Furnace
The king was on a building frenzy – constructing a huge statue of himself for the people to worship, and a fiery furnace to kill anyone who refused to obey. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refused to worship anything or anyone but God, and were thrown into the fire. That must have been scary, but they knew that God was on their side, no matter what happened.
Objective: Kids will say, “I'm crafted to love and serve God no matter what happens.”
Scripture: Exodus 32:1-7, 15-19, The Golden Calf
Moses had been gone for a long time. The people grew scared that their leader and their God had abandoned them. So they crafted for themselves an idol to worship. . . . this was the wrong move.
Objective: Kids will say, “I'm crafted to follow God and not give in to fear.”
Scripture: Joshua 3:14-4:9, Israelites Cross the Jordan
The Israelites crossed the Jordan River, ending their long journey through the desert and taking them to the land God had promised. The people crafted a memorial of stone to serve as a constant reminder of God's faithfulness.
Objective: Kids will say, “I'm crafted to remember God's faithfulness.”
Scripture: Nehemiah 4, Opposition to the Rebuilding
Nehemiah had returned to Jerusalem to rebuild the wall surrounding the city, which had been destroyed. The enemies of God's people did not want to see the wall rebuilt, but Nehemiah and the people never lost their boldness. They continued to craft the new wall in the face of opposition.
Objective: Kids will say, “I'm crafted to be bold for God even in the face of opposition.”
The Ultimate Build
Scripture: John 14:1-14, Jesus Comforts His Disciples
Jesus told his disciples that he was going away to prepare – craft – a place for them. While we wait for that day when we get to be with him forever in heaven, we are instructed to continue the work that Jesus started – sharing the good news with others.
Objective: Kids will say, “We are all crafted to be with God forever in Heaven.”
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
- Includes NIRV, NIV, NLT, and KJV Memory Verse Graphics
- Includes Editable Text Files
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.