Friendship lessons from Jesus’ closest friends
In Jesus' BFFs, kids will learn to be friends who inspire faith in others and choose friends who do likewise. Jesus knew the value of having a few good friends, and he chose them wisely. We can learn a lot from the company Jesus kept!
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Jesus' BFFs Lessons Overview:
“You are my friends if you do what I command.” John 15:14 (NIV)
Always Welcome: Mary, Martha, and Lazarus
Scripture: Luke 10:38-42, Jesus at Mary and Martha’s House
Synopsis: Wherever Jesus roamed, he always knew he had a place to crash with Mary, Martha, and Lazarus. Jesus knew the importance of having good friends who were welcoming and who you could talk to about life.
Objective: Kids will identify ways they can be good hosts when they have friends in their home.
Always There: John
Scripture: John 19:25-27, John at the Cross
Synopsis: Jesus had twelve close friends whom he called disciples, but only one stayed with him all the way to the cross. John shows us the importance of being a faithful friend, even when no one else is around.
Objective: Kids will share one way they can be faithful to their friends.
Always Forgiving: Peter
Scripture: John 21:15-19, Jesus forgives Peter
Synopsis: Peter did the worst thing ever when he denied Jesus, but Jesus still forgave him. Jesus knew Peter wasn’t perfect but that Peter still loved him. We should always be willing to forgive our friends.
Objective: Kids will share how they can forgive someone or ask forgiveness from a friend.
Always Faithful: Mary Magdalene
Scripture: John 20:1-18, Jesus rises from the grave
Synopsis: Mary Magdalene was there in the good times. She went to the cross, and she went to the tomb. She was the first to see Jesus alive because she hadn’t stopped being a friend even after Jesus had died. Jesus wants us to be faithful friends to him, and he will bless us for our faithfulness.
Objective: Kids will identify one way they can become faithful friends of Jesus.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.