Journey To Mars 5-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum
Boldly Go Where Jesus Leads
The astronauts, who will one day travel to Mars, will leave everything they know behind to boldly go where no one has gone before. Kids will learn about trusting God from the story of Abraham who trusted God completely, even when God asked him to do some really hard things.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Journey To Mars Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” Psalm 119:105 (NIV)
Scripture: Genesis 12:1-9, God Calls Abram
Synopsis: God called Abram to leave everything behind - his family, his friends, his property - to go to an unknown destination. It was the first leg in a journey that lasted the rest of his life as Abram followed God.
Objective: Kids will state that God wants us to follow him.
Stay on Target
Scripture: Genesis 20:1-16, Abraham and Abimelek
Synopsis: It wouldn’t be wise to lie to mission control if we forgot to do all of our preflight checks before taking off for Mars. Abraham learned the hard way that he needed to be honest at all times. Because when we lie, we are showing that we don’t trust God’s plan and we are trying to do things our way.
Objective: Kids will say why being honest is important to God.
Living In Space
Scripture: Genesis 18:1-15, 21:1-7, The Birth of Isaac
Synopsis: Will there one day be people living on Mars? It’s never happened before, but that doesn’t make it impossible! Abraham saw that God can make the impossible happen when his son Isaac was born.
Objective: Kids will identify one thing they have a hard time believing God can help them with.
By Your Command
Scripture: Genesis 22:1-19, Abraham is Tested
Synopsis: Those who travel into deep space must follow orders; even if those orders don’t make sense, or are really hard to do. Abraham was willing to sacrifice the one thing he loved most because he trusted God’s command completely.
Objective: Kids will identify something they may have to give up if they want to follow Jesus.
Finish The Mission
Scripture: Hebrews 11:17-19 and 11:39-40
Synopsis: As cool as Mars may be, it will probably never become anyone’s permanent home. That’s why a mission to Mars would not be complete without a return home. We too, have a permanent home in heaven, but we have to put our faith in Jesus to get us there when our mission on earth is done.
Objective: Kids will be given a chance to talk with their parents or small group leader about what it means to accept Jesus as their Savior.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.