Incredible, Astounding, Totally True Bible Tales
The Bible is filled with incredible, awe-inspiring stories of God's strength and miraculous love. Some of those stories we've heard so many times, we fail to see how astounding they really are. Mind Blown 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum looks at some lesser-known tales from the Bible, to help kids focus in on just how amazing our God is. Kids will learn that we serve a mind-blowingly amazing God.
Mind Blown Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: “Who is like the Lord our God? He sits on his throne in heaven.” Psalm 113:5 (NIRV)
The Man Who Never Died
Scripture: Genesis 5:18-24, Enoch
We don't know a lot about Enoch, but the Bible does tell us that he “walked with God,” meaning that he loved God and followed in His ways. Enoch never died. God took him away, sparing him from the suffering that would soon come upon the earth.
Objective: Kids will learn that we should also seek to walk with God.
Scripture: Numbers 12:1-16, Miriam and Aaron Oppose Moses
Moses had been chosen to be the leader of the Israelites. When his brother and sister began to question Moses' leadership, Miriam was struck with leprosy. God made it clear that Moses was God’s chosen leader and should be respected.
Objective: Kids will learn that we should respect and pray for godly leaders.
Scripture: Numbers 21:4-9 & John 3:15, Snake in the Desert
When snakes came through the Israelite camp biting people, God instructed Moses to do a very strange thing. Moses was told to lift up a bronze snake on a pole and those who looked upon it would be healed from their snake bite. Thousands of years later, Jesus compared himself to that snake, saying that if we turn to Him, we will live and not die.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus gives life to those who turn to him.
The Floating Ax Head
Scripture: 2 Kings 6:1-7, Floating Ax Head
Elisha and the other prophets were building a place to meet and listen to God. When one of the workers lost the head of their ax in the Jordan River, Elisha was able to make the ax head float to the surface with the power of God.
Objective: Kids will learn that God will make a way for us to serve him.
The Great Meeting
Scripture: Matthew 17:1-9, The Transfiguration
Jesus took Peter, James, and John up into the mountain where they witnessed an incredible sight: Jesus bathed in light talking to Elijah and Moses. They also heard the voice of God saying, “This is my son. I am pleased with him.”
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus is the Son of God and he came to save us.
Scripture: Acts 5:1-11, Ananias and Sapphira
The followers of Jesus were selling their possessions and giving them to the poor. Ananias and Sapphira wanted people to see them as generous, but they also wanted to keep some money for themselves. So they lied to Peter and the other disciples. That lie ended up costing them dearly.
Objective: Kids will learn that serving Jesus requires honesty and integrity.
“Arm”ed For Battle
Scripture: Exodus 17:8-16, The Amalekites Defeated
Moses stood on the mountain to watch the battle. When Moses lifted his staff in the air, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his arms, the Amalekites starting winning. Eventually, Aaron and Hur held up Moses' arms until the Israelites completely defeated their enemies.
Objective: Kids will learn that success doesn't come from our own might but from God.
Scripture: Joshua 10:1-15, The Sun Stands Still
In another battle, this time with Joshua as their leader, the Israelites went against the armies of five different kings at once. As the battle raged on and on, God stopped the sun in the sky for a full day, so that the Israelite army could keep fighting and win the victory. God can stop even the sun, our God is unstoppable.
Objective: Kids will learn that God is unstoppable.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.