Teach Kids To Trust God When Things Are Scary!
There are many things in life that can cause kids to be afraid. Kids need to know that no matter what they're facing, God is bigger and He wants to comfort them.
Not Afraid Lessons Overview:
“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” Psalm 56:3 (NIV)
New Things – New things can be scary; whether it's starting at a new school, making new friends, or just trying something you've never done before. But with God by our side and leading us, we don't have to be afraid. Exodus 3:1-14, 4:1-17. Moses and the Burning Bush
Not Having Enough – You might be scared of not having enough; whether it's food or money or stuff. But you can also trust God that he will provide for all of your needs. Exodus 16:1-23. God Provides Manna
Pain and Suffering – Nobody wants to experience pain, suffering, or death. It's scary to think about. But when you remember that Jesus is with you, you can handle any of life's painful storms. Mark 4:35-41. Jesus Calms the Storm
Being Alone – It's scary to think you are all alone, that no one cares. But God loves you. He will never leave you. He is on your side. He doesn't want you to be afraid. 1 Kings 19:1-18. The Lord Appears to Elijah
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.