No matter what, I believe!
Hearing the bad news, having church, school and sports canceled, and not being able to see our friends can be very overwhelming. But God’s Word tells us that no matter what happens, we can be encouraged because we know that God is still in control. In Overcoming the Bad News Blues 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will state, “No matter what, I can trust God because he loves me.”
Overcoming the Bad News Blues Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: "They aren’t afraid when bad news comes. They stand firm because they trust in the Lord." Psalm 112:7 (NIrV)
Fear Not – There are a lot of things in the world that can make us feel afraid. Not being able to go to school or play sports because we might get sick can be scary. But you know what? God tells us that no matter what happens, we can trust God to be with us and take care of us. God shows us that we don’t have to be afraid, because He can heal any disease, He takes care of the plants and animals, and He loves you very much!
Scripture: Matthew 4:23 Jesus Heals The Sick Matthew 6:25-34, Do Not Worry
Objective: Kids will state, “When I feel afraid, I know God will take care of me.”
You Mad Bro? – Selfishness and fear can lead us to get angry and take it out on the people around us. It can be disappointing to have events cancelled that we were looking forward too. It can be easy to get frustrated with family when you are all sharing the same space for an extended period of time. When the Israelites ran out of water they got mad and started to complain and grumble. Kids will learn that we can choose a different path. We can choose to be like Jesus and put others ahead of ourselves instead of getting mad when we don’t get things our way.
Scripture: Exodus 17:1-7, Water From The Rock Philippians 2:3 Put Others First
Objective: Kids will state, “When I feel mad, I will remember to put others first.”
You're Not Alone – With no church, school, sports or other events to go to and less time with our friends it can be easy to feel like we are all alone. If you feel like this, guess what? You’re not alone. The Bible tells us that Elijah felt this way. He felt like He was the only one still serving God, but then God did something amazing to comfort Elijah. And God also assures us that He is with us and will never leave us.
Scripture: 1 Kings 19:9-18, The Lord Appears to Elijah Matthew 28:20b Jesus Ascends
Objective: Kids will state, “When I feel alone, I know Jesus is with me.”
No More Tears - In this life there are things that make us sad. It’s ok to be sad and it’s ok to cry. Saying goodbye to a loved one or friend who has passed away is especially hard. But even though we are sad right now, we can remember that we can look forward to being reunited with our loved ones who know Jesus one day in Heaven. Kids will learn through the story of Lazarus, that no one who dies in Christ will stay dead. We will all be resurrected to live forever with Jesus.
Scripture: John 11:17-44, The Death and Resurrection of Lazarus
Objective: Kids will state, “Even when I’m sad, I know I can trust Jesus.”
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.