Bible Lessons Based on Kids' Favorite Pets!
Our pets are precious to us. They were all created by God, and each has unique qualities and characteristics. We can learn from our pets some of the characteristics that we need to have for a Godly life.
Bible Pets Lessons Overview:
“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2
Dog – Just like a dog is loyal to its owner, we should strive to be loyal to God and to other people. Ruth 1, Ruth And Naomi
Cat – Just like cats can be very strong-willed, we should never back down when doing what God has called us to do. Daniel 3:8-30, The Fiery Furnace
Goldfish – Whatever happens, goldfish just keep swimming; we need to learn to be content in every circumstance. Philippians 4:4-13, Content In Every Circumstance
Turtle – Turtles may be slow but they move with determination; we need to stay strong and determined even when things don't go our way. Luke 18:1-8, The Parable of The Persistent Widow
Guinea Pig – Just like guinea pigs are fluffy and soft to touch, we must keep our hearts from becoming hard and let God work in us. Genesis 18:1-15 & 21:1-6, The Birth Of Isaac
Iguana – Iguanas have excellent eyesight, and they remind us that we need to keep our eyes open to, and remember, the amazing things God has done for us. Mark 10:46-52, Jesus Heals Bartimaeus
Snake – The snake has a reputation for being clever; we need to use the brains God gave us to act in smart ways. Luke 4:1-13, The Temptation Of Jesus
Hamster – A hamster is totally dependent on its owner for survival; we need to be totally reliant on God. 1 Kings 17:1-16, Elijah Relies On God
Bunny – Bunnies are social animals who like to be around people and other bunnies; we need to surround ourselves with people who will help us know and serve God. Acts 2:42-47, The Fellowship Of The Believers
Songbird – These birds always have a song on their beaks; similarly, we should always have joy in our hearts. Psalm 98 & Psalm 100, Sing To The Lord
Horse – Horses are strong and can carry heavy loads; we need to give our burdens to God and rely on him to make us strong. Matthew 11:25-30, Rest For The Weary
Parrot – Just like a parrot can imitate the voice of its owner, we should strive to imitate the example of Jesus. Luke 5:1-11, Calling Of The First Disciples
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
The Secret Life of Pets is the property of Illumination Entertainment and Universal Pictures which do not sponsor, authorize or endorse this web site.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.