Small Stories With Big Meaning
Parables are short stories that Jesus told with a much bigger meaning. In some ways, a parable is lot like a pumpkin seed. It starts out as just a small story, but after you spend time thinking about it you realize it has a really big and important message to tell. In Pumpkin Parables 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, these four lessons will use pumpkins to teach children about 4 of Jesus’ parables.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Pumpkin Parables Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “Lord, show me your ways. Teach me how to follow you.” - Psalm 25:4
Pumpkin Patch – Pumpkins grow in a big field usually referred to as a pumpkin patch. Jesus told a story about a man found a great treasure hidden in a field and he sold everything he had to get it. Kids will learn that once we realize how great God is, we will value it more than anything else in the world. Matthew 13:44-46, The Stories of the Pearl and the Treasure
Seeds – A pumpkin seed is huge compared to the tiny mustard seed, but even a mustard seed grows into something large and beautiful. Kids will learn that when we put our trust in God, he can turn a little faith into something great. Matthew 13:31-34, The Stories of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast
Hard Shell – A pumpkin's hard shell hides a soft and gooey inside. Kids will learn that God doesn't want us to become hard, but to have soft and forgiving hearts. Matthew 18:21-35, The Story of the Unmerciful Servant
Stem – The pumpkin's stem reminds us of the larger plant that it was once connected to. Kids will learn that we must stay connected to Jesus if we are to keep becoming more like Jesus. John 15:1-12, The Vine and the Branches
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.