The Bible's Answers to Our Puzzling Questions
When we think about God, the Bible, and all that is wrong with the world, we can end up with all kinds of puzzling questions. But when we turn to the Bible, we find that God has given us all the information we need. In this series, kids will engage in puzzles and brain teaser activities as they discover the answers to some difficult questions.
Puzzled Lessons Overview
“If any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He will give it to you. God gives freely to everyone and doesn’t find fault.” James 1:5 (NIRV)
Are There Many Ways to God?
Scripture: John 14:1-7, The Way, The Truth, The Life
There are many different religions in the world and you may meet people who will tell you that Jesus is just one of many ways to God. But Jesus is pretty clear when he tells us that the one and only way to God is through Him.
Objective: Kids will learn “ Jesus is the only way to spend eternity with God.”
Is Jesus God?
Scripture: John 1:1-18, The Word Became Flesh
Was Jesus just a great teacher, a healer, and philosopher? Or was He more. The Bible shows us that Jesus is the Son of God. The only person to be fully God and fully human.
Objective: Kids will learn “Jesus was fully God and fully human.”
What is Sin?
Scripture: Mark 7:20-23 & 1 John 1:8-10, Sin
We hear the word “sin” a lot in church, but what is it? All of us have sinned – done things that have fallen short of God's perfection. Our sin though cannot keep us from God when we put our faith in Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn “My sin is great but Jesus is greater.”
Why Do Bad Things Happen?
Scripture: Genesis 3:17-19, John 16:13 Take Heart I Have Overcome The World, Revelation 21:1-7
Some people wonder why bad things happen, if God is so good? The Bible makes it clear that the world God made in the beginning was perfect and good. But we chose to let sin enter God’s perfect and as a result, all the bad things that now happen in life were allowed to enter the world. But, because God is good, He made a way, through Jesus, for us to have peace in this life knowing that God would one day make things perfect again for all eternity.
Objective: Kids will learn “No matter what happens, I can know that God will make all things new.”
Did Jesus Really Die and Rise Again?
Scripture: Acts 2:29-41, Peter's Pentecost Sermon
How could Jesus really die and rise to life again? The only way this is possible is if Jesus is who claimed to be, the Son of God. Jesus is the Son of God and he conquered sin and death, so that we could live for Him and with Him forever.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Jesus died for my sins, and He is alive again!”
How Do You Get To Heaven?
Scripture: John 3:1-18, You Must Be Born Again
Some people think that your good deeds will get you into heaven. But we could never be good enough on our own to get into heaven. It is only by admitting we are sinners who need a savior and calling on the name of Jesus to receive His forgiveness will we experience eternal life with Him.
Objective: Kids will learn, “I can’t be good enough to earn salvation, I have to ask Jesus to forgive my sins and save me.”
Who is the Holy Spirit?
Scripture: John 15:26-27 & John 16:12-15, Jesus Talks About the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Trinity. Many people don't understand who He is. But Jesus told his disciples all about the Holy Spirit who would come to comfort them and help them live for God.
Objective: Kids will learn, “The Holy Spirit gives me the power to live for God.”
When is Jesus Coming Back?
Scripture: Matthew 24:35-44, The Day and Hour Are Unknown
Before Jesus ascended into Heaven, he promised that He would come back again for us. Many people have made guesses of when Jesus would come back – and they were all wrong. No one knows the hour or the day of his return except for God the Father. We should live our lives always being ready for Christ's return.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Jesus is coming back; I need to show God’s love to as many people as I can.”
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.