Walking the Straight Path Has Some Sweet Rewards!
The road of life can sometimes get rocky. In this ice cream-themed series kids will learn that if we follow the path that Jesus has for us we will find that the road may be rocky, but the reward is sweet.
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
Rocky Road Lessons Overview
“You always show me the path of life. You will fill me with joy when I am with you. You will make me happy forever at your right hand.” Psalm 16:11 (NIRV)
Scripture: Matthew 7:13-14, The Wide and Narrow Gates
One ice cream chain offers up to 31 different flavors. Which one will you choose? In life, there are so many paths that we can choose, but only one path leads to eternal life with God.
Objective: Kids will learn that we each have a choice: God's way or the world's way.
Scripture: Numbers 22:21-38, Balaam's Donkey
Eat your ice cream too fast, and you'll end up with a headache. When Balaam failed to listen to God, he found himself with a real headache – a disobedient, talking donkey!
Objective: Kids will learn that disobeying God's commands always has consequences.
Scripture: Luke 8:43-48, Jesus Heals a Sick Woman
Vanilla may sound plain to some of us, but it is one of the most popular flavors of ice cream. For the woman who was sick, the answer was plain to see: find Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn that having faith in Jesus isn’t complicated.
No Artificial Flavors
Scripture: Luke 10:25-37, The Parable of the Good Samaritan
There are plenty of healthier ice cream options that boast no artificial flavors. In the parable of the Good Samaritan, we find two men with an artificial sense of their own goodness, and one man with a real love for his neighbor.
Objective: Kids will learn that God’s way calls us to treat our neighbors with love.
Scripture: Luke 15:11-32, The Parable of the Lost Son
Ice cream is great whenever you are in the mood for a sweet treat. The parable of the lost son shows us that the love of God is sweet, no matter how far we have gone astray.
Objective: Kids will learn that God's grace and love are always sweet.
Scripture: Luke 24:13-35, The Road to Emmaus
The ice cream making process requires churning. A long, slow churn is best. It took a long time for the disciples walking the road to Emmaus to realize that the stranger with them was Jesus – risen from the dead. They were not quick to see who was with them, but they were quick to celebrate once they realized it was Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn that we can have joy everyday because Jesus is alive!
Scripture: Acts 10:9-23, Peter's Vision
Neapolitan contains three stripes of ice cream: vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. Something for everyone. The vision that Peter saw on the roof made him realize that the salvation that Jesus offers isn't just for one group of people, but is available to everyone.
Objective: Kids will learn that they can share the good news of Jesus with everyone.
Scripture: Acts 9:1-19, Saul's Conversion
The best ice cream starts with fresh ingredients. Saul started out hating the followers of Jesus, but Jesus gave him a fresh start and a new life.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus offers us a fresh start and a brand new life.
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.