A Road Trip through the Bible!
Hit the road with your kids as you lead them on a journey to memorize the 66 books of the Bible. In this series, kids will learn all the books of the Bible and how each section fits into the larger picture of God's story.
Route 66 Lessons Overview:
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” 2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV)
Get Out the Map – Bible Overview
Scripture: John 1:1-5, In the beginning, was the Word
Kids will be introduced to the names of each book in the Bible and the role that each book plays in the larger picture: history, prophets, gospels, etc. This will also be a great time to introduce a song that will be used over the 12 weeks to help the kids learn the books of the Bible, such as this one: https://www.childrens-ministry-deals.com/products/books-of-the-bible-song
Objective: Kids will learn that the Bible is made up of 66 books, both Old and New Testaments.
Rules of the Road – The Law (Genesis through Deuteronomy)
Scripture: Exodus 19:20-20:20, The Ten Commandments
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy make up the Pentateuch or Law. They tell the story of God creating the world, creating a people for Himself, people’s decision to disobey God, and God setting a plan in motion to redeem the world from sin. The Ten Commandments help people to clearly understand that we could never live up to God’s standards.
Objective: Kids will learn what is contained in the first five books of the Bible – the books of Law.
Books to Memorize: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy
Historic Landmark – History Books (Joshua through Esther)
Scripture: Joshua 6:12-20, The Fall of Jericho
These history books chronicle the nation of Israel: from its formation to the kings, to the divided kingdom, to the exile. Through it all, God was fighting for his people.
Objective: Kids will learn that the stories the Bible records in these books help us see that God has a bigger plan; we just have to trust and obey God.
Books to Memorize: Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther
Scenic Route – Poetry (Job through Song of Solomon)
Scripture: Psalm 23, The Lord Is My Shepherd
The poetry books show us not only the creativity of God's people but the love, beauty, wisdom, and righteousness of our God.
Objective: Kids will learn that these books can help us see how wise, beautiful, amazing, and wonderful God is.
Books to Memorize: Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon
Hit the Brakes – Major Prophets (Isaiah through Daniel)
Scripture: Jeremiah 31:31-34, A New Covenant
Many in the nation of Israel had turned away from God. But God did not give up on them. He sent prophets to speak His words, calling the people back to a relationship with God.
Objective: Kids will learn how the prophets warned the people of Israel to turn back to God.
Books to Memorize: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, and Daniel
A Different Direction – Minor Prophets (Hosea through Malachi)
Scripture: Zechariah 9:9-10, Micah 5:2 Prophecies about Jesus
The people were suffering because of their sin and disobedience. Through the prophets, God gave the people hope, telling them of the coming Savior, Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn how the prophets spoke of the coming Savior, Jesus.
Books to Memorize: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi.
Fork In The Road – The Gospels (Matthew through John)
Scripture: John 10:7-18, The Good Shepherd
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John tell us of the life and ministry of Jesus. How He healed the sick and told people about the Kingdom of God, how he lived a perfect life, died for our sins, and rose again in power.
Objective: Kids will learn that God sent his son Jesus to save us and that Jesus was the fulfillment of the Old Testament promises.
Books to Memorize: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
Full Speed Ahead – History (Acts)
Scripture: Acts 9:1-20, The Conversion of Saul
After Jesus returned to heaven, the Holy Spirit came and the church was born. The book of Acts tells the story of the forming and growth of the early church.
Objective: Kids will learn how God grew the early church despite obstacles on every side.
Books to Memorize: Acts (and review all previous books)
Roadside Attractions – Paul's Letters to Churches (Romans through 2 Thessalonians)
Scripture: Philippians 2:1-13, Imitate Christ
God's church was growing fast, with new groups of followers popping up in cities throughout the land. Paul wrote many letters to these churches: encouraging them to fight the good fight and keep living for Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn how Paul helped the early church to keep their eyes on Jesus.
Books to Memorize: Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians.
Almost There – Paul's Letters to Individuals (1 Timothy through Philemon)
Scripture: 1 Timothy 4:1-8, Instructions to Timothy
Paul didn't just write letters to the different churches; he wrote letters to his friends. Through his letters, he encouraged them to serve God, love people, and encourage other Christians.
Objective: Kids will learn that we should encourage others, just like Paul encouraged his friends through his letters.
Books to Memorize: 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, and Philemon.
The Open Highway – General Letters (Hebrews through Jude)
Scripture: Hebrews 11, By Faith
Paul was not the only one who wrote letters to the early churches. Peter, John, and other leaders helped the believers to stay focused on Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn that Peter, John, and others also encouraged the church with their letters and these letters can help us know how to live as Christians today.
Books to Memorize: Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude.
Final Destination – Apocalyptic Book (Revelation)
Scripture: Revelation 21:1-7, The New Heaven and New Earth
Someday, Jesus will return for his people. Those who follow Jesus will never experience pain and suffering again, and will get to be with Him forever.
Objective: Kids will learn that those who follow Jesus will spend eternity with Him.
Books to Memorize: Revelation and be able to say all 66 books from memory.
_______Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
ABOUT THIS CURRICULUM:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.