Use slime to teach kids that God specializes in messy situations!
Sometimes in life, it feels like we’ve been slimed! Sometimes it’s because of decisions we make, sometimes it's from decisions others make that hurt us. Through the life of Jacob, kids will learn that when we stick to God, He can make something beautiful out of any slimy situation. (Slime prize winners are listed at the bottom of the page)
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Slimed Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: “But I call out to God. And the Lord saves me.” - Psalm 55:16
Selfish Slime – In Jacob and Esau's culture, the “birthright” was a very important privilege, but Esau treated it like it was nothing – which would lead to big troubles down the road. Kids will learn that when we are selfish, and think only about ourselves, it can lead to a slimy situation. Genesis 25:21-34, Esau Sells His Birthright
Lying Slime – With this slime you can see through it like a window – though not too clearly. When their father was old and could not see well, Jacob tricked him into giving Jacob the blessing meant for Esau. Kids will learn that lying can lead to getting slimed, because God always sees clearly. Genesis 27:1-33, 41-45, Jacob Steals the Blessing
Seeing Past Our Slime – Jacob had tricked and deceived his brother and his father, and was running for his life. But God showed Jacob a glowing stairway to heaven, to prove that he still loved him and had a wonderful purpose for Jacob's life. Kids will learn that God has a plan no matter how much slime we may be stuck in. Genesis 28:10-22, Jacob's Dream at Bethel
Other People’s Slime – When you manipulate the slime just right it creates a surprising, popping sound. Jacob got surprised and slimed by someone else when Laban tricked him into marrying both of his daughters. Kids will learn that we can still trust God’s plan, even when we get slimed by other people. Genesis 29:1-30, Leah and Rachel
Working With Slime – Jacob used his knowledge of animals to create a good situation out of a bad one. Kids will learn that God can help us change a slimy situation into an opportunity for good. Genesis 30:25-31:3, Jacob Flourishes
Becoming Slime Proof – If you add more and more liquid starch to your slime it will eventually harden and become immovable. On the night before his reunion with his brother Esau, Jacob found himself in a hard situation, but Jacob would not be moved. Kids will learn that by persevering through slimy situations and continuing to trust God no matter what, we can become stronger. Genesis 32:13-31, Jacob Wrestles with God
Helping Others Out of Slime – Stick a straw into your slime and blow to create giant slime bubbles. Jacob hoped to repair his relationship with Esau, but knew if Esau was still angry, his bubble of hope would burst. Kids will learn that we should work to have a good relationship with others, and should seek God's help to repair any relationships that have been slimed. Genesis 33:1-11, Jacob and Esau Reunite
Slimy Masterpiece – Through all the slime of Jacob's life – whether from his trickery or others tricking him – God made his life beautiful in the end, with a large family and the promise of becoming a great nation. Kids will learn that if we trust God no matter what, He can forgive us for slimy situations we’ve created and help us out of slimy situations created by others. Genesis 35:1-15, 23-29, God's Covenant and Blessing with Jacob
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.