Spies of the Bible 8-Week Children’s Ministry Curriculum
See what God does next!
The Bible has many stories of spies, hidden identities, and sneaky behavior. This series will look at some of these stories, revealing a God who is in control. In Spies of the Bible 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will be confident that God is in control.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Spies of the Bible Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: “God is our place of safety. He gives us strength. He is always there to help us in times of trouble.” Psalm 46:1 (NIrV)
Caleb and Joshua
Scripture: Numbers 13:26-14:4, The 12 Spies
Moses sent 12 men to spy out the land that God had promised them. Ten of the spies came back with bad reports – afraid of the people who were living in the land. Caleb and Joshua, however, came back with a good report – confident in God's promise.
Objective: Kids will learn to focus on God, not their problems.
Scripture: Joshua 2, Rahab and the Spies
The people of Jericho learned that Joshua had sent spies to scope out the city. If they had been found out, they surely would have been killed. Rahab understood that these men followed the true God. She knew that the right thing to do was to protect the men from harm, even though the people in her town wanted to hurt them.
Objective: Kids will learn that they can choose to do good, even when no one else does.
Scripture: Judges 7:7-22, Gideon in the Midianite Camp
Gideon had obeyed God; bringing his group of 300 men to face the Midianite army. But Gideon was still full of uncertainty. God instructed him to sneak into the Midianite camp. There, Gideon got the assurance he needed that God was in control.
Objective: Kids will learn that God can give us the strength to overcome our doubts.
Scripture: 1 Samuel 14:1-22, Jonathan At the Philistine Outpost
Jonathan snuck into enemy territory with his armor-bearer. When the two of them were discovered by the Philistine, they were not afraid. Jonathan had prayed for the Lord to guide them on their mission and he knew that the Lord had given him victory.
Objective: Kids will learn that it is important to start every day in prayer asking for God’s guidance.
Scripture: 1 Samuel 24:1-17, David Spares Saul's Life
When Saul entered that cave, he had no idea that David was hiding inside. David had the upper hand. He could have used the opportunity to kill the king, but instead, he refused to harm the king that God had anointed.
Objective: Kids will learn that we should not seek revenge even when we are being wronged.
Scripture: Esther 5, Esther's Request to the King
Esther was the undercover queen. The chief official Haman was trying to destroy God's people, the Jews, but Haman didn’t know that Esther herself was also a Jew. Esther took a big risk when she went to the king, revealing who she was and asking for his help to save her people.
Objective: Kids will learn sometimes we have to take a leap of faith as we serve God.
Scripture: Luke 20:20-26, Paying Taxes
In this Bible story the hero, Jesus, had to defend himself from some spies. The Pharisees were afraid of Jesus and were trying to stop him. They sent spies to ask Jesus difficult questions, hoping to trip him up and find an excuse to arrest him. But as the Son of God, Jesus answered all of their questions with wisdom, and the spies fell silent.
Objective: Kids will learn that spending time daily in God’s Word, gives us the wisdom we need to face life’s challenges.
Scripture: Acts 9:19-28, Saul Escapes
Saul – who later became Paul – had once tried to kill the followers of Jesus, but now he was one himself. When he went around the city talking about the good news of Jesus, the people were confused, and some were angry. A group conspired to kill Saul. His friends helped him escape by lowering him down the city wall in a basket in the middle of the night.
Objective: Kids will learn that following Jesus won’t always be easy.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.