Swimming Upstream 4-Week Youth Ministry Curriculum
What To Say When Others Challenge Your Faith
It's hard for many to talk about their faith, particularly when the other person already has a negative view of Christianity. This series will provide some guidance to help students enter into those tough conversations with love and gentleness.
Swimming Upstream Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” - Proverbs 15:1 (NIV)
Lesson 1: Dead Fish – Critics ask, “How can you follow some guy who lived and died thousands of years ago?” Students will learn that Jesus is the resurrected son of God and the fulfillment of God's plan. Luke 24:13-35, On The Road to Emmaus
Lesson 2: Catch of the Day – Critics say, “There are many paths to God.” Students will learn that Jesus is the only way by which we can be saved and know the Father. John 14:5-13, The Way, The Truth, The Life
Lesson 3: Bottom Feeders – Critics say, “Christians are just as messed up as everyone else.” Students will learn that Jesus didn't come to start a club for perfect people, he came to bring good news to sinners. Mark 2:13-17, Jesus Calls Levi
Lesson 4: Reel It In – Critics say, “Christians just go around judging people who aren't like them.” Students will learn that Jesus set an example for love and compassion, not judgment. John 8:1-11, The Woman Caught in Adultery
About This Curriculum:
- Instant Download
- 4-Week Series
- Perfect for 6th-12th Grade Students
- Great for Weekend or Mid-Week Programming
- Includes Both Large Group and Small Group Resources
- Download a sample lesson from this series here.
Each Lesson Includes:
- DOWNLOAD. Teacher Prep: Printable lesson overview – with tips and encouragement – to distribute to each leader and teacher on your team.
- UPLOAD. Large Group Teaching Guide: Printable “no prep required” Bible lesson for your Large Group Leader.
- POP QUIZ. Print and distribute this quiz to each of your students. Questions are based on the Upload Bible Lesson.
- COMMENT & SHARE. Small Group Discussion Guide: Print and distribute this guide to leaders and students for use during their small group time.
- INTERACTIVE. Lesson Activity: Three activity options – a group game, a missional activity, and a service project – to pick and choose from each week
- TRENDING. Social Media + Leader Ideas: Ideas to help you use social media to keep the discussion with students going throughout the week.
- GRAPHICS. Series Graphics, Social Media Graphics, and Printables.
This Series Is Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Click the PIZZA BOX to see all of our newest Youth Ministry curriculum series'!
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.