Unashamed Of Following Jesus!
Sometimes, we hold back for fear of embarrassing ourselves. But Jesus calls us to be bold and brave, never ashamed to tell others about Him.
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
That's Embarrassing Lessons Overview
"I want to preach it because I’m not ashamed of the good news. It is God’s power to save everyone who believes.” Romans 1:16a (NIRV)
Scripture: Luke 22:54-62, Peter Denies Jesus
When someone recognized Peter as one of Jesus' disciples, Peter was embarrassed and afraid, so he lied. We can't let fear or embarrassment keep us from telling the truth and standing up for what is right.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Jesus’ opinion of me matters more than anyone else’s.”
Keep It Together
Scripture: Luke 12:8-12, Acknowledge Jesus
Jesus warned his followers not to let fear or embarrassment keep them from telling others about Him. We should lift Jesus high, that the reward of following Jesus is far greater than any awkward feeling we may have in this life.
Objective: Kids will learn, “I can boldly talk about Jesus with others.”
Scripture: Acts 6:8-15, 7:48-60, The Stoning of Stephen
Even when Stephen's enemies were out to get him, Stephen never lost his focus on Jesus. He was not ashamed and was willing to give his all to share Jesus with others.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Nothing in this life is worth more than knowing Jesus.”
Scripture: Acts 3:1-10, 4:1-10, 21-22, Peter and John Before the Sanhedrin
When John and Peter were brought before the authorities, they did not lose their cool, get embarrassed, or panic. They stayed calm, spoke the truth, and relied on God's strength to see them through.
Objective: Kids will learn, “I can trust God to be with me always.”
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.