Looking for the Preschool version click here
The Life of Jesus 12-Week Children’s Ministry Curriculum
Teach kids that we can follow Jesus’ example and live as he did. In this 12-week series, kids will study Jesus' life from beginning to end to get a better understanding of who Jesus is and why we can trust him as our Savior.
The Life of Jesus Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'” John 14:6 (NIrV)
Jesus Was Born – Jesus came to earth as a baby born to parents who were so poor that he had to be born in a barn for animals. Because Jesus is God’s son, he deserved to be born in the nicest palace to the richest family. But by choosing to let his son be born in a barn, God showed us that it doesn’t matter who you are or what you’ve done, God loves you and sent Jesus for you. Luke 2:1-20, The Birth of Jesus
Jesus Studied God’s Word – Jesus set an example for kids by studying God’s Word. Even though he was the son of God, he still studied God’s word to learn what it says and obeyed what God taught him. Luke 2:41-52, The Boy Jesus in the Temple
Jesus Was Obedient – John the Baptist told other people about the coming Savior. When Jesus came to him to be baptized, John knew that the Savior arrived. Kids will learn that Jesus set an example for us by being obedient to God when he was baptized. Jesus taught us that we show God we love Him when we obey Him. Matthew 3:1-17, The Baptism of Jesus
Jesus Never Sinned – Every single one of us has sinned at some point when we were tempted. As the Son of God, Jesus is the only person in history who lived a perfect life without sin. Kids will learn that with Jesus' help, we can resist temptation too. Luke 4:1-13, The Temptation of Jesus.
Jesus Called His Disciples – When Jesus began his ministry, he asked 12 men to be his disciples and to follow in his footsteps and learn from his teaching and his actions. Kids will learn that even today Jesus wants us to be his disciples and commit to following him by obeying what he has taught us in the Bible. Mark 1:16-20, Calling the First Disciples
Jesus Preached – Jesus gave many sermons during his ministry, teaching people a different way to live and telling them that we could never do enough good things to go to heaven, but that God loves us and will forgive our sins if we will believe in Jesus as our Savior. Kids will identify something they would have to do differently to live like Jesus describes in this sermon. Matthew 5:1-16, The Sermon on the Mount
Jesus Calmed a Storm – When a storm threatened to sink the small boat that Jesus and the disciples were sailing in, Jesus commanded the storm to stop. And it did! We can trust Jesus with any problem, because He is powerful. Kids will name something that they want to ask and trust God to help them with. Mark 4:35-41, Jesus Calms the Storm
Jesus Healed – Because of his great love and compassion, Jesus healed many people that He encountered during his time on earth. One of them was a man who did not have the ability to walk. Kids will learn that Jesus loves us and cares about each of us. Luke 5:17-26, Jesus Heals a Paralytic
Jesus Came To Bring Peace – When Jesus entered Jerusalem the week before he was crucified, he rode on a donkey. The donkey was a symbol of a king who came in peace. Jesus showed us that he came in peace to let the world know how much God loves us. Kids will name one way that knowing Jesus loves them gives them peace right now. Matthew 21:1-11, The Triumphal Entry
Jesus Paid the Price for Sin – Jesus was arrested even though he had done nothing wrong. He was sentenced to die a very painful death on the cross. We have all sinned and don’t deserve to be in Heaven with God. Jesus was the only person who never sinned and deserved to go to heaven without dying, but he chose to die in this way to pay the price for our sin so we could go to heaven too. Kids will thank God for dying for their sin. Matthew 26:47-56, Luke 23:32-47, Jesus Arrest and Crucifixion
Jesus Rose from the Dead! – Jesus died for our sins, but on the third day He was raised back to life in power! Kids will learn that because Jesus paid the price for our sin and has power over sin and death we can live forever with him in heaven. Kids will be given an opportunity to accept Jesus as their Savior. John 20:1-23, The Resurrection
Jesus Will Return – Jesus told his followers that he would be coming back to earth, but that their job and our job until then was to to tell people how much God loves them, and to make new disciples of Jesus. Jesus wants us to share the good news of Jesus with other people so that when he returns to earth there will be many more people who believe that He is the Savior. Kids will name 1 person they are going to invite to church to hear about Jesus this week. Matthew 28:16-20, The Great Commission
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.