Learning About God and His People
The Old Testament is a REALLY big part of the Bible, but at its core it is the story of God calling a nation to be his people and show other people how much God loves us and wants to save us.
The Old Testament 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview:
“So you will be my people. And I will be your God.” Jeremiah 30:22 (NIrV)
Big Plan – Our sin – starting with the first sin of Adam and Eve – separated us from God. But God called Abraham to create a nation that would be His people. God chose these people to teach his laws to and to show them how God already had a plan to save everyone from sin. Kids will learn that God has a plan they can trust. Genesis 12:1-7, The Call of Abram
Big Challenge – For many years, the people of God were slaves in Egypt. God set them free in order to lead them to a land that he had promised them. Kids will learn that nothing can stop God’s plan from happening. Exodus 14:5-29, Crossing The Red Sea
Big Blessing – Eventually, the people settled in the new home God promised and became the nation of Israel. Over the years the people were lead by different judges and kings; the greatest of them was King David. Kids will learn that when we obey God and trust him like David, God has good things in store for us . 1 Samuel 16:1-13, Samuel Anoints David
Big Promise – The nation of Israel turned away from God, and did not trust and obey God like David did. Because of this the kingdom was divided, conquered and almost destroyed. In the midst of their suffering, God promised to send a Messiah that would save the people. Kids will learn that Jesus is our Savior. Isaiah 9:1-7 & Jeremiah 31:31-33, Prophecies About Jesus
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.