Coming in 2023 - Are You Up To The Challenge?
Being a follower of Jesus is more than just knowing the truth; it's about doing – living out the truth. In this series – as the lesson titles indicate – kids will encounter a biblical truth AND complete a dare that serves to reinforce the lesson learned.
Truth AND Dare Lessons Overview
"Don’t just listen to the word. You fool yourselves if you do that. You must do what it says.” James 1:22 (NIRV)
God Hears Our Prayers AND I Will Pray Every Day
Scripture: Jonah 1:15-2:10, Jonah Prays From Inside the Fish
Jonah was in the scariest place he'd ever been – inside a fish's belly – when he learned that God always hears our prayers. This week's dare: Decorate and fill out a Prayer Reminder sheet. Then commit to praying for these things every day this week.
Objective: Kids will learn, “God hears me when I pray.”
Jesus Memorized Scripture AND I Will Hide God’s Word In My Heart
Scripture: Luke 4:1-13 The Temptation of Jesus
When Jesus was being tempted, he resisted every temptation by quoting Scripture he had memorized. God’s Word is powerful and the more of it we store in our minds and hearts, the more it will help guide our decisions. This week's dare: Read the Bible every day and memorize 1 new verse this week.
Objective: Kids will learn, “I will hide God’s Word in my heart as Jesus did.”
God Deserves Our Thanks AND I Will Thank Him
Scripture: 1 Chronicles 16:29-34
God deserves our praise, just because He is God. But, He also deserves our praise for all of the good things we have in life, including life itself! This week's dare: Fill out and decorate your own 5 Things I Love About Jesus page. Then start every day this week, by praising God for those 5 things.
Objective: Kids will learn, “God deserves my praise every day.”
Words Matter AND I Will Use My Words For Good
Scripture: James 3:3-12, Taming the Tongue
The tongue is a small part of the body, but it wields much power; we must learn to control our tongues. This week's dare: Create an encouragement journal. Commit to filling it out each day with the name of someone you encouraged that day and how you did it and/or the name of someone who encouraged you and how they did it.
Objective: Kids will learn, “The words I say matter to God.”
To Be Great You Must Serve AND I Will Serve
Scripture: Mark 9:33-35 Who Is The Greatest
Jesus’ disciples were arguing about which of them was the greatest when Jesus dropped some serious truth about what it truly means to be great. He explained that those who serve others and give up their desires to help someone else are the ones who are truly great. This week's dare: Think of one person in your life who you can physically serve in some way this week and then make it happen.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Following Jesus means I will serve others.”
Jesus Loves Me AND I Will Love Others
Scripture: John 8:2-11, A Woman Caught in Sin
The leaders brought to Jesus a woman living a life of sin, hoping that they would condemn her. But Jesus offered her love and forgiveness instead. This week's dare: Write the name of someone you can show love to this week, who may be difficult to love. Write down or draw a picture of how you will do it.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Jesus loves me and so I will love others.”
All Have Sinned AND I Will Admit I Have Sinned
Scripture: Genesis 3:1-7, Romans 3:23 All Have Sinned
Ever since Adam and Eve chose to disobey God, no one lived a perfect, sin-free life until Jesus came. And after Jesus, no one has lived a life without sin. Only Jesus was perfect, and only Jesus is qualified to save us for the mistakes we have made. All we have to do is admit that we are sinners who need Jesus as our Savior. This week's dare: Identify someone that you need to confess sins to and ask for forgiveness from. This could be a person to whom you may have been unkind, or it could be a prayer to God for a way you have sinned.
Objective: Kids will learn, “No one is perfect, we all need a Savior.”
The Wages Of Sin Is Death AND I Will Choose Eternal Life
Scripture: Romans 6:23 The Wages Of Sin
We have all sinned. We all need a Savior. None of us can be good enough on our own to erase our sins. That’s why we need Jesus - the only one to ever live a sin-free life - to save us. This week's dare: Think of one person who needs to know that they can have eternal life with Jesus. Commit to praying for them every day and invite them to church with you next week.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Eternal life is only possible through Jesus.”
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.