God At Work
Construction sites are exciting places, filled with interesting, heavy machinery and abuzz with noise and activity. When we accept Jesus, God begins a good work in us. We become the construction site where God is building something amazing! Kids will learn that God is working in the hearts of those who follow Jesus.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Under Construction 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum Overview
Memory Verse: “If the Lord doesn’t build a house, the work of the builders is useless.” Psalm 127:1a (NIrV)
Scripture: Genesis 11:1-9, The Tower of Babel
Before starting construction of a building, you have to get permission to build. If you just start building anywhere you want, you’ll probably run into a lot of trouble. Once, the people of earth thought that nothing could stop them from being like God. They started to build a tower to heaven to prove it; but they soon discovered that God was more powerful than their plans.
Objective: Kids will learn that our plans will fail when we leave God out.
Scripture: Genesis 6:9-22, Noah Builds the Ark
Every construction project has blueprints – detailed plans of how to build and what the finished project should look like. When God told Noah to build the ark, he gave him detailed instructions on how to build it. Noah followed God's blueprint exactly, and Noah and his family were saved.
Objective: Kids will learn that we need to follow God's instructions in His Word.
Scripture: Joshua 6:1-20, The Fall of Jericho
Before a new building can be put up, often an old one must be torn down. That's when construction crews bring in the wrecking ball. When Israel came to their new home, the city of Jericho stood in their way. They didn't need a wrecking ball to bring it down; God had other plans. To begin building something new in our hearts, God needs to help us repent of sin so it can be removed.
Objective: Kids will learn that repenting of sin means turning from it, choosing God’s way instead.
Laying The Foundation
Scripture: Luke 6:46-49, The Wise and Foolish Builders
It doesn't matter how beautiful the building, if it isn't built on a solid foundation the whole thing will fall apart. Jesus is the firm foundation that we should build our lives upon.
Objective: Kids will learn that the foundation we should build our lives on is Jesus.
Scripture: Acts 2:1-14, 38-47, Many Are Saved
Cement is made from special rock, clay, water and other materials all joined together in a cement mixer. The crowd at Pentecost was filled with many different people from different places. But when Peter shared the good news of Jesus, many of them believed. God mixed them all together to create the first church.
Objective: Kids will learn that God’s Holy Spirit is the cement that holds the Church together, and it is who God put in our hearts to keep us connected to Him.
Hammer & Nails
Scripture: Nehemiah 4, Nehemiah Faces Opposition
You have the plans and the equipment, and you've done all the prep work. But at some point, you have to put hammer to nail and start building. Nehemiah and his workers faced tough opposition when they tried to rebuild the wall around Jerusalem. But Nehemiah never lost heart, and the work continued to completion.
Objective: Kids will learn that when we face obstacles, God’s Spirit gives us the strength to keep going.
Right On Schedule
Scripture: Romans 8:26-39, More Than Conquerors
Everyone hopes to hear from their builder that construction is “right on schedule.” Sometimes we might get discouraged, thinking we are too weak or that we are not good enough. We must remember that when we follow Jesus, God goes to work inside us. God is building something good and amazing in us.
Objective: Kids will learn that it can take time, but if we continue to trust Him, God will build us into people who live more and more like Jesus.
Scripture: John 14:1-14, Jesus Prepares A Place For Us
When the construction work is done, a new building is ready to become someone's home or business. When Jesus left the earth, he let his disciples know that he was going to build a place for us in heaven. All of us who put our faith in Jesus will be welcomed home there.
Objective: Kids will learn that those who follow Jesus have their true home in heaven.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.