God Gets the Glory!
We all know about Abraham, Moses, David, and Esther. The heroes of the faith. But the Bible is filled with stories of men and women who – although you may not know their names – served God in big ways.
To get the 3 additional game videos pictured above make sure you select the "Curriculum + Games Pack" option above. These additional games sell for $25, but you can get them both for only $20 when you order them together with the Non-Avengers Curriculum. (Click here to see more details on everything included in the media pack).
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Unknown Heroes Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.” Matthew 20:16 NIV
Scripture: Numbers 13:26-32 and 14:6-10
Twelve men spied out the Promised Land. 10 of them came back with reports that there was no hope. Joshua – who would later become the leader of the Israelites – had no fear and encouraged Israel to trust God. Joshua was not alone, Caleb also boldly stood with Joshua and encouraged Israel to believe in the power of God. Caleb is also the first person the Bible says spoke up and encouraged the people to believe in God’s power.
Objective: Kids will learn that a hero believes in God's power.
Scripture: 1 Kings 22:6-28, Micaiah
King Ahab wanted to go to war. He surrounded himself with false prophets who all told him that he would be successful in battle. Only the prophet Micaiah understood the truth and had the courage to speak it: King Ahab would fail.
Objective: Kids will learn that a hero has to do what's right even when no one else will.
Scripture: 2 Kings 5:1-2, 9-15
Naaman was a powerful man who was not one of God’s people. His men had captured a young Israelite girl and she was made to become a servant in Naaman’s house. This young girl could have hated Naaman. She could have been angry and disrespectful. But instead, this girl chose to be kind. When she found out Naaman was sick, she told him about a prophet of God who could help heal him. Because of her kindness, Naaman learned that God is the one, true God.
Objective: Kids will learn that a hero for God shows kindness to others even when they don’t deserve it.
Scripture: 2 Kings 22:1-4, 8-11, 22:1-5, 21-23, Josiah
The people had forgotten God and his commandments. They made idols and began worshiping false gods. When the Book of God's Law was found, King Josiah lead the people back to following the one true God and celebrating Him.
Objective: Kids will learn that heroes study and obey God’s Word.
Scripture: Esther 2:19-23, 4:1-17, Mordecai
First Mordecai acted to save the life of the king. Next Mordecai worked with Esther to save the lives of all the Jewish people.
Objective: Kids will learn that a hero serves and helps other people.
Scripture: Nehemiah 2:1-8
Nehemiah was an exile in a strange land. When he learned that the wall around Jerusalem had been destroyed, he boldly asked the king for permission to go and rebuild it.
Objective: Kids will learn that a hero is bold for God.
Scripture: Acts 10:23-35, 44-48, Cornelius
All of the first followers of Jesus had been Jewish people. Some of them believed that only certain people could believe in Jesus. But God called Cornelius to seek out Peter to prove that God's love and salvation was for everyone.
Objective: Kids will learn that a hero listens to and obeys God.
Scripture: 2 Timothy 1:1-5
We’ve all heard of Paul, his incredible conversion and great missionary journeys. Many of us have heard of Timothy who also travelled with Paul. But what about Lois? That’s not a name that you hear in a lot of sermons. Lois was Timothy’s grandmother and in this letter, Paul makes a point to mention that the faith Timothy had to serve God alongside Paul game from his grandmother Lois.
Objective: Kids will learn that what a hero does for God can have a BIG impact for years to come.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
- Includes NIRV, NIV, NLT, and KJV Memory Verse Graphics
- Includes Editable Text Files
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.