Unpleasant Presents Christmas Curriculum - Teach Kids that Jesus is the Best Christmas Present.
Christmas is more than just presents, but sometimes when we open up a box of fruitcake or a light-up Christmas sweater we forget about the most important present of all. In this fun 4-week curriculum kids will learn to be thankful for the greatest Christmas present ever - Jesus!
Unpleasant Presents Lessons Overview:
“The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14 (NIV)
The Unexpected Present: Long before Jesus was born, God promised His people a Savior. But when Jesus was born, He was born to a poor family in a stable. Most people were no longer expecting the Savior. But Jesus is not only the most valuable gift we could receive, he’s the only gift we ever need.
The Unwanted Present: Every year, we get gifts at Christmas that we will return the next day. Lots of people return the gift that Jesus has offered to them too. We need to be genuine and real about our faith so that others will want to receive Jesus' gift and not return it.
The Unopened Present: Imagine getting a wonderful gift, wrapped in beautiful paper with a beautiful bow, and never opening it. That’s how many people are with Jesus. They know the gift has been given, but they have never opened it. If you’ve never received the gift of Jesus, there’s no better time than Christmas.
The Unbelievable Present: We all have gifts we want every year, but most of those gifts end up in storage, in the trash, or in a yard sale. The gift of Jesus is a gift that never fades and never loses value (and it never needs batteries!). It is the best Christmas present ever!
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Each Lesson Includes:
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
Be sure to check out our Christmas Worship Songs for Kids Playlist on Spotify!
Guaranteed to Be Awesome
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.