Jesus’ “Upside Down” Way Of Living
The life that Jesus offers is radically different than the one the world offers. When we go “all in” with Jesus, he turns our ordinary life upside down in the most incredible way. In Upside Down 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn “Jesus turns our ordinary lives upside down in incredible ways.”
Upside Down Lessons Overview:
“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:9 (NIrV)
The Last Are First
Scripture: Mark 9:33-37, Who is Most Important?
We spend so much of our time putting ourselves first: trying to have it all and be number one. But in the Upside Down Life, the first will be last. The Jesus life is dedicated to serving others and putting God and others first.
Objective: Kids will name 1 way they can try to serve others.
One More Mile
Scripture: Matthew 5:38-44, Eye for an Eye
When someone hurts us or takes advantage of us, we want to “get them back.” But in the Upside Down Life, we love our enemies and we repay evil with good.
Objective: Kids write out a prayer for someone they don’t get along with.
The Least Gives the Most
Scripture: Luke 21:1-4, The Widow's Offering
While the others were putting large sums of money into the temple treasury, one widow woman put in only two small coins. Yet Jesus declared that she had given more than anyone else. In the Upside Down Life, a small thing given from a generous heart, becomes the biggest gift there is.
Objective: Kids will name creative ways to be generous with what they have.
Lose to Save
Scripture: Mark 8:34-38, The Way of the Cross
People spend lots of time, money, and effort to live a long life free from care and worry. But in the Upside Down Life: in order to have a life worth living, we have to lay down our life for Jesus – the one who laid down his life for us first.
Objective: Kids will identify things they can give up to live a life that honors Christ.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.