Moving in the Right Direction with God
Life has its ups and downs. It can be discouraging when hard times come. The life of Joseph shows us that no matter how many ups and downs we face, we can always keep our eyes on God. When we walk with Him, we know that God is moving us in the right direction. In Upward 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn “No matter what life throws at me, I can keep my eyes on Jesus.”
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Upward Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: “We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.” Romans 8:28a (NIRV)
Scripture: Genesis 37:3-4, 12-35, Joseph Sold By His Brothers
Joseph's life was filled with ups and downs. Up: His father loved him very much. Down: His brothers did not. Even when Joseph found himself down in a well, he never lost faith in God.
Objective: Kids will learn that life has ups and downs, but God always remains good.
Scripture: Genesis 39:1-6, & 17-33 Joseph in Potiphar's House
Even though Joseph was now in a foreign country, his life seemed to be moving forward. Joseph was working for an important Egyptian official. But when the official's wife spread lies about him, Joseph ended up in prison. But even from prison, God was with Joseph and blessed Him.
Objective: Kids will learn that even when life is hard, we can still see God's blessings.
Scripture: Genesis 40:1-8, Joseph in Prison, Genesis 41:1-41, Joseph Before Pharaoh
Even though Joseph was in prison, he kept moving onward. In jail, Joseph helped his fellow prisoners, serving them and interpreting their dreams. Eventually, he had a chance to help the Pharaoh, which changed Joseph's life forever.
Objective: Kids will learn whether life is up or down, we can still help others for God.
Scripture: Genesis 42:1-11, 45:1-15, Joseph Reunited with His Brothers
Looking back over Joseph's life, there were so many downward moments: being sold by his brothers, living as a slave in a foreign country, and going to jail for something he didn't do. But Joseph never lost his faith in God. In the end, if it had not been for those difficult times, Joseph would not have been in the right place to save the people of Egypt and his own family.
Objective: Kids will learn that – even in the bad times – God is working things out for our good.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.