VS. 4-Week Youth Ministry Curriculum
Navigating the gray areas of life.
Good versus Evil. Right versus Wrong. Life would be so much easier if everything were so clearly defined. But often things are not so black and white; we have to learn to navigate through the gray areas to find what God wants for us.
VS Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9 (NIV)
Lesson 1: Guilt VS. Shame - We tend to use the words interchangeably, but there is a big difference. Guilt says, “I did something wrong.” Shame says, “There is something wrong with me.” God wants us to recognize our guilt, but live in the shame-free reality that we are wonderfully and fearfully made. John 8:2-11, The Woman Caught in Adultery.
Lesson 2: Abstinence VS. Purity - The mindset “I must abstain” can lead to erroneous feelings that sex is bad, evil, or dirty. A purity mindset reminds us that sex is a GOOD thing. It's something too wonderful to waste on the wrong person or the wrong time. 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 & Philippians 4:4-9.
Lesson 3: Tolerance VS. Love - The modern message of tolerance is “unless you accept everything about the way I run my life, you have no place with me.” Love says, “You are made in the image of God and I want you to become all that he would have you be.” Luke 19:1-10, Zacchaeus.
Lesson 4: Justice VS. Mercy - It's human nature to want justice when we have been wronged. Christians, however, are called to show mercy; just as God has shown us mercy. Matthew 5:38-48, Jesus' Words on Mercy.
About This Curriculum:
- Instant Download
- 4-Week Series
- Perfect for 6th-12th Grade Students
- Great for Weekend or Mid-Week Programming
- Includes Both Large Group and Small Group Resources
- Download a sample lesson from this series here.
Each Lesson Includes:
- DOWNLOAD. Teacher Prep: Printable lesson overview – with tips and encouragement – to distribute to each leader and teacher on your team.
- UPLOAD. Large Group Teaching Guide: Printable “no prep required” Bible lesson for your Large Group Leader.
- POP QUIZ. Print and distribute this quiz to each of your students. Questions are based on the Upload Bible Lesson.
- COMMENT & SHARE. Small Group Discussion Guide: Print and distribute this guide to leaders and students for use during their small group time.
- INTERACTIVE. Lesson Activity: Three activity options – a group game, a missional activity, and a service project – to pick and choose from each week
- TRENDING. Social Media + Leader Ideas: Ideas to help you use social media to keep the discussion with students going throughout the week.
- GRAPHICS. Series Graphics, Social Media Graphics, and Printables.
This Series Is Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.