Shhh…don’t talk about that!
This series will look at Biblical answers to some things that are tough for kids (and adults) to talk about - fear, anger, sadness, and loneliness. Kids will look at why these things are hard to talk about, and what the Bible says about these topics. Kids will also learn that it IS ok and good to talk about our struggles and our sins with God, parents, and Christian friends/teachers instead of trying to face them alone. When we are weak, God is strong!
We Don't Talk About That Lessons Overview
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." James 5:16 (NIV)
We Don’t Talk About…Fear
Scripture: Genesis 3:6-12 Adam And Eve Hide From God
If anyone had a reason to be afraid, it was Adam and Eve. They had just committed the first sin by disobeying God, and they had no idea what He was going to do about it. We have the benefit of the Bible to teach us we have no reason to fear. Because Jesus took the punishment we deserved for our sins, we don’t have to hide from God if our faith is in Jesus. We can also find comfort whenever we are afraid, knowing that God’s love for us is greater than any fear.
Objective: Kids will learn, “We can talk about fear because we know that with God, we have no reason to be afraid.”
We Don’t Talk About…Anger
Scripture: Exodus 2:11-14 Moses Kills an Egyptian
Anger made Moses do something very rash. He tried to hide his angry actions, but he was quickly found out. We are often taught that anger is something we need to bottle up, but the best way to get over our anger is to talk about it - and admit to God and others that we need help to not let our anger control us.
Objective: Kids will learn, “It’s important to talk about why I’m feeling angry so that I don’t let anger control me.”
We Don’t Talk About…Sadness
Scripture: 1 Samuel 1:7-17 Hannah Prays For A Son
If there’s anything we dislike more than being afraid, it’s being sad. Sadness is a normal part of life, and talking about our sadness is the first step to finding comfort. God will comfort us when we are sad, through others, and through His Word.
Objective: Kids will learn, “We can talk with God and others when we feel sad so that we can grieve and then find joy.”
We Don’t Talk About…Loneliness
Scripture: Matthew 26:36-39, Matthew 27:46, Hebrews 13:5 Jesus Felt Loneliness
Everyone feels lonely from time to time. Even Jesus felt lonely! When we are lonely, the last thing we should do is keep it to ourselves. Talking about lonely feelings with God, our family, and our friends can help us to find comfort. Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.
Objective: Kids will say, “I am never alone if I know Jesus.”
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.