Teach Kids How to Have a Good Attitude Going Back to School
What's In Your Backpack teaches kids Bible lessons about having a good attitude going back to school using things they've already got in their backpacks - pencils, notebooks, folders, and rulers.
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
What's In Your Backpack Lesson Overview:
“Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you.” Jeremiah 7:23b
Pencil - Pencils are used to make notes when the teacher speaks. Too bad we can't do that when our friends need a listening ear. Being a good friend means listening, not speaking, and really hearing what someone else needs to say. James 1:19-20. Be slow to speak, quick to listen.
Notebook - We use notebooks to help us remember things. We need to remember to be unselfish and think of others ahead of ourselves. Philippians 2:3-11
Folder - Having a folder helps us keep track of all that we've finished. We can remember to trust God when we look back at all the things He has done for us. Joshua’s farewell speech to the Israelites.
Ruler - Just like a ruler gives you a guide in centimeters or inches, the Bible gives you a guide for knowing God. A ruler lets you make a straight line. The Bible helps you live your life down a straight path. Proverbs 3:5-6
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
Guaranteed to Be Awesome
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Click the COOKIE to see all of our Back to School Children's Ministry Curriculum and click the APPLE to see all of our FREE Back to School Children's Ministry Resources.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.