Who God Made You To Be, Not Who TV Tells You To Be
The world delivers some pretty strong messages about who we should be, what we should do, and how we should act. But God made us in order to be very different from what the world says: We are his precious children, dearly loved, and called to love and serve Him. In Who God Made YOU-TO-BE 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn that God speaks to us with His love and truth.
Who God Made YOU-TO-BE 8-Week Children’s Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: “We are God’s creation. He created us to belong to Christ Jesus. Now we can do good works. Long ago God prepared these works for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10 (NIrV)
Scripture: 1 Samuel 16:1-13, David Anointed King
The world tells us that we must be the prettiest, most popular, or best at everything (the one with the most likes and comments). God tells us that God will use us – not because we are the greatest – but because we are willing to serve Him.
Objective: Kids will learn that God made me and knows my heart.
Scripture: Matthew 9:9-13, The Calling of Matthew
The world tells us to follow the trends, to follow popular people, to follow ways that are often bad for us. But God tells us to follow him because he created us and we are his children.
Objective: Kids will learn that God made me in order to follow him.
Scripture: 1 Kings 19:1-12, Elijah Flees
Elijah was running for his life from the evil king and queen who wanted him dead. Elijah was down and discouraged but God took care of him and met all of his needs. The world can sometimes feel like everyone is against you. But God tells us that he will take care of us and watch over us and help us through the hard times.
Objective: Kids will learn that God made me in order to depend on him when I’m discouraged.
Scripture: Mark 10:35-45, The Request of James and John
The world tells us to be important, to be number one, to have influence. But God tells us that if we want to be great in his kingdom that we need to serve and to put other people before ourselves.
Objective: Kids will learn that God made me to serve.
Scripture: Luke 6:46-49, Wise and Foolish Builders
The world says to do what makes you happy and try to skip over anything that might be unpleasant. But God says that sometimes we have to face difficult things. That is why it is so important to spend the time to build our faith foundation in Christ. If we only do things that are fun and easy when life is easy, then when hard times come we won’t have prepared a strong foundation of faith to cling to.
Objective: Kids will learn that God made me to seek him at all times.
Scripture: Luke 10:25-37, The Parable of the Good Samaritan
The world tells us that we are #1 and we can take care of others after we get what we want. But God says that we shouldn't even think twice when we have the chance to love other people – it should be automatic.
Objective: Kids will learn that God made me to love other people.
Scripture: Luke 17:11-19, Jesus Heals 10 Men
The world tells us that you are a star and no one is more important than you. But God tells us that Jesus is our Lord and Savior. He deserves our praise and worship. We should let others know how great He is. . . Jesus should be going viral.
Objective: Kids will learn that God made me to praise him.
Scripture: Luke 15:11-32, The Parable of the Lost Son
What's “trending” in your life? The world can sometimes make you feel like you’re not loved and accepted. But God tells us that we are dearly loved by him. No matter how much we have messed up, we can come to him; he will come running to us like a loving father.
Objective: Kids will learn that God made me to be loved by him.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.