Replacing Worldly Wisdom with God’s Tremendous Truth!
At school and online, kids are being bombarded with the world's “wisdom.” Much of that wisdom flies in the face of what is written in God's word. In this series, kids will learn the Truth of God in some key areas of life and learn that following the world's way is the Wrong Way.
Wrong Way Lessons Overview
“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 (NIRV)
Scripture: John 14:1-11, Jesus is The Way to the Father
The world's “wisdom” says that there are many ways to enlightenment or peace or God. But Jesus revealed that the only way to get to God the Father is through Jesus. That's God's Truth.
Objective: Kids will say, “God’s Truth is Jesus is the ONLY way to be saved.”
Scripture: Mark 10:35-45, James and John's Request to Jesus
The world's “wisdom” is that you are important and that you should put yourself first. But Jesus tells us – just like he told James and John when they wanted important positions – that the most important thing is to serve others and put them first. That's God's Truth.
Objective: Kids will say “God's Truth is: I should put others first.”
Road Closed Ahead
Scripture: Luke 6:43-45, Tree and Its Fruit, Philippians 4:8 & Psalm 101:3-4, Choosing Good Things
The world's “wisdom” says that what we look at and play on our screens can't do us any harm. But what we see with our eyes goes into our hearts. And Jesus tells us that the fruit of our life is based on the condition of our hearts.
Objective: Kids will say “God's Truth is: I should fill my heart with good things.”
Merge to the Right
Scripture: John 15:1-8, The Vine and the Branches
The world's “wisdom” is that you are strong enough to do it all on your own. But as Jesus told his disciples, if we want to do great things for God, we have to stay connected to Jesus and rely on his strength. That's God's Truth.
Objective: Kids will say “God's Truth is: I need Jesus.”
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.