Finding Treasure Along the Romans Road!
The Romans Road is a way of understanding why we as people need to be saved, and how we can accept Jesus as our Savior. It is called the Romans Road because all of the Scripture references are found in the book of Romans, Paul's letter to the Roman church. In this series, kids will travel down the Romans Road – learning life-giving verses along the way – on a journey from sin and separation from God, to peace and eternal life with God. An X, or rather a cross, marks the spot for the greatest treasure anyone could ever find - eternal life with Jesus. In X Marks The Spot 6-Week Children’s Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn that salvation through Jesus is the ultimate treasure.
X Marks the Spot Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
A new verse every week. See below.
Scripture: Romans 3:23
God is perfect and his ways are perfect. Every one of us have sinned – disobeyed and acted in ways that fell short of God's perfection. “Everyone has sinned. No one measures up to God’s glory.”
Objective: Kids will learn that all have sinned and fallen short of God's perfection.
Walking In The Dark
Scripture: Romans 6:23a
If you’ve ever disobeyed your mom and dad and gotten a time out, you know what a consequence is. A consequence is the punishment for doing the wrong thing. The Bible tells us that sin - disobeying God - has a consequence as well. The consequence is to be apart from God forever. Since we have all sinned, we all deserve that same punishment. Romans 6:23a says “When you sin, the pay you get is death.”
Objective: Kids will learn that everyone has sinned and sin comes with a consequence.
A Light Up Ahead
Scripture: Romans 6:23b
We all deserve the consequence for the sin that we have committed. But God loves us and has provided another way, the way of life. Jesus came and took our consequence for us, so we didn’t have to experience it. “When you sin, the pay you get is death. But God gives you the gift of eternal life. That’s because of what Christ Jesus our Lord has done.”
Objective: Kids will learn that God offers us the gift of life.
Scripture: Romans 10:9
Salvation - which means being free from the eternal consequence of sin - comes only from God. Kids will learn that Romans 10:9 tells us how we can all receive salvation: “Say with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord.' Believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. Then you will be saved.”
Objective: Kids will learn that to be saved we must put our faith in Jesus.
A Place To Rest
Scripture: Romans 5:1
When we put our faith in Jesus, he makes us right with God and brings us peace. We have peace because we know that even though we make mistakes, God forgives us because Jesus paid our sin price for us. As it says in Romans 5:1: “We have been made right with God because of our faith. Now we have peace with him because of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Objective: Kids will learn that our faith in Jesus makes us right with God.
Scripture: Romans 8:38-39
When we find Jesus, we find a treasure. One that no one can ever take away for eternity. “I am absolutely sure that not even death or life can separate us from God’s love. Not even angels or demons, the present or the future, or any powers can separate us. Not even the highest places or the lowest, or anything else in all creation can separate us. Nothing at all can ever separate us from God’s love. That’s because of what Christ Jesus our Lord has done.”
Objective: Kids will learn that salvation is a treasure that lasts.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.