The church needs your talent!
Just as many TV game shows are full of talent, so is the church. God has given all of us spiritual gifts, special talents that we can use to serve Him. When we all come together to use our gifts for the Lord, God can bless our community and our world through the church! In You've Got Talent 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn what spiritual gifts are and how they should use them for the Lord.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
You've Got Talent Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “There is one body, but it has many parts. But all its many parts make up one body. It is the same with Christ.” 1 Corinthians 12:12 (NIrV)
One Body Many Parts
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:1-11, Spiritual Gifts Described
Our bodies are made up of many unique parts that serve very different functions. These many parts work together as a whole to help us eat, sleep, play, learn, and enjoy life. The church is like a body in that it is made up of many uniquely gifted people who are meant to come together and serve God.
Objective: Kids will learn that God has gifted them to serve the church.
Gifts That Lead (Evangelism, Teaching, Leadership)
Scripture: Acts 13:13-43, Paul and Barnabas Preach
Some people have gifts that lead. They are teachers, evangelists, and other leaders who can bring people together and lead everyone closer to Jesus. God wants leaders to lead and teachers to teach so others can draw closer to one another and the Lord.
Objective: Kids will learn that some people are gifted to lead and teach.
Gifts That Lift Up (Encouragement, Hospitality, Prayer, Wisdom)
Scripture: Acts 16:11-15, Lydia
Some people have gifts that lift people up. Some are good at encouragement, some are good at making people feel welcome, some are very good at prayer, and some are gifted with wisdom. These people can use their gifts to lift up their fellow believers and others who need Jesus.
Objective: Kids will identify gifts that help encourage others.
Gifts That Work (Service, Helps, Admin)
Scripture: Acts 6:1-7, Seven Men Chosen to Serve
Not everyone can lead or teach. Some are gifted with the talent and passion to do the hard work of ministry - everything from scrubbing toilets to paperwork. These believers are not always seen at work, but they are just as vital and important to the function of the church as anyone.
Objective: Kids will identify the unseen gifts that often happen behind the scenes.
Gifts That Create (Music, Art, Drama)
Scripture: Psalm 8, A Psalm of David
Some people are gifted in creative ways. God wants people who are gifted in music, art, drama, writing, and other creative endeavors to use their gifts for the Lord, whether it's in worship or just their own artistic expression outside the church.
Objective: Kids will identify ways creative gifts can be used for ministry.
Gifts of the Spirit (Prophecy, Discernment, Tongues)
Scripture: Acts 2:1-21, Pentecost
The Bible teaches us about some very special gifts found in the early church. Gifts of prophecy, wisdom, and tongues can be hard to understand, but they also have a purpose in God’s church.
Objective: Kids will learn what gifts of the spirit are and how the Bible says they can be used.
Finding Your Gifts
Scripture: Acts 10:19-48, The Spirit Falls on Cornelius’ House
God has a special plan for us to use our gifts in the church, but how do we find our gifts? Through prayer, reading the Bible, and by talking to older believers, we can discover our gifts and find out where we best fit in the body of Christ.
Objective: Kids will learn that God will help them discover their spiritual gifts so they can use them.
Using Your Gifts
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:12-27, One Body with Many Parts
What good is a tool sitting in the box it came in? A tool is only useful if we take it out of the package and put it to work. God wants us to get involved and serve with other believers so the church can share Jesus with everyone.
Objective: Kids will learn that they need to use their gifts for the Lord!
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.