God's Rules For Loving God & Loving People
God gave His people the 10 Commandments to show them the way He wants people to live. It is a guide on how to treat God and how to treat others. Many years later, Jesus became the only person to ever obey the 10 Commandments perfectly.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral-bound copy of your curriculum!
10 Commandments Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“The law of the Lord is perfect. It gives us new strength. The laws of the Lord can be trusted. They make childish people wise.” Psalm 19:7 (NIrV)
God Gives His Commandments – God freed the Israelites from Egypt and made them His people. He gave them the 10 Commandments so that they would know the difference between right and wrong. Exodus 20:1-21, The Ten Commandments
No Other Gods – God is the creator of everything; there is no other God but Him. All other “gods” are just made up by people. 1 Kings 18:25-39, Elijah On Mount Carmel
No Idols – Even while God was giving Moses the 10 Commandments, the Israelites were breaking one of them – creating for themselves a golden image. We must not worship created things, but only God the Creator. Exodus 32, The Golden Calf
Respect God's Name – God's name is holy and we should not use it in a negative or improper way. We need to watch our tongues and make sure that we always bring glory to God. James 3:3-12, Taming the Tongue
Have a Day to Rest and Worship – One day a week, we observe a Sabbath rest to remember and celebrate God. But even on the Sabbath, we should not rest from doing good for others. Matthew 12:1-14, Lord of the Sabbath
Respect Your Parents – Although nobody's parents are perfect, they are responsible for leading us and helping us grow. We need to honor them by respecting and obeying them. Ephesians 6:1-3
No Murder, No Hate – God created every life, and every life is precious to him. We should treat each other as precious. Genesis 4:1-16, Cain and Abel , Matthew 5:21-22
Keep Your Marriage Promises – Marriage was created by God. It is important for husbands and wives to remain faithful to the person they marry. Marriage is a promise that you keep for life. Matthew 19:7-9
Do Not Steal – We are not to take something that belongs to another person without their permission. Stealing is wrong because it is disobeying God and it hurts others that we steal from. Genesis 27:1-38 Jacob steals Esau’s blessing
Do Not Lie – We should be loving and truthful in all that we say and do. Lying puts a rift between us and other people. Acts 5:1-11 Ananias and Sapphira lie
Do Not Be Jealous – Jealousy is a desire for what others have that we don’t: power, possessions, and people. This selfish desire for what others have instead of being thankful for what we have often leads to us committing many other sins. 2 Kings 5:13-27, Gehazi's Covetousness
Being Perfect – As much as we might try, it's impossible for any of us to obey the law at all times. But God sent us Jesus who did obey all of the laws and then died for our sins even though he was perfect. Because he paid the price for our disobedience, we can be saved. Matthew 5:17-20, 43-48, John 11:25-26 Fulfilling the Law
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.